Chapter 9

Carla walked towards us, looking all glamorous. Her golden blonde hair was flowing down her shoulders in perfect waves with big, caramel eyes pretty much twinkling. She had a short black skirt on that reached mid-thigh and a white crop top.

I looked at Kyla and rolled my eyes. She gave me a sympathetic look at which I rolled my eyes again.

Who cares if she's Seth's ex-girlfriend? I don't like Seth in that way nor am I dating him.

"Hey girls, looks like we're going to be spending the next few days together," Carla said as she neared us.

"Fun," Kyla deadpanned.

We were given our trailer number and we began making our way to it. Once we reached it, Kyla pushed the door open and climbed in followed by Carla and me.

The first thing I noticed after entering was that it was tiny. Three beds were forced into the trailer along with a tiny bathroom area and a back door. I walked over to the bed in the corner, away from the bathroom and the door, and placed my bag on it.

"Okay, so, Carla," Kyla spoke up. "We're going to be pranking the guys in the next few days so there is a very high possibility that they may prank us back. Just letting you know."

I watched Carla's face light up. "Really? That would be so much fun! I've got so many great ideas, my brother's a pretty good prankster."

Kyla turned around and looked at me with one eyebrow raised. I shrugged in response. I didn't mind if she wanted to help us out.

"You do realize that one of the boy's in that trailer is your ex-boyfriend," Kyla responded.

"Exactly," Carla said. "That just makes things more interesting."

"Cool," Kyla said slowly, still studying Carla.

"We should start off small but something they won't be expecting," Carla said, sitting on her bed.

"That sounds good," I said, causing both of them to look at me. "Kyla's got quite a few things that can help us.

Kyla got her bag and the three of us sat down around it. We began discussing possible prank ideas for way too long and finally decided on something small to kick start this.

*

I groaned as someone shook my shoulder. "Wake up. We have to go for dinner."

I sprung up and rubbed my eyes to see Carla standing above me. Surprisingly enough, I quite liked her.

"Was I sleeping this whole time?" I asked, yawning.

"We all were."

"Seriously?" I asked. "Didn't they plan any lame activities for us or anything?"

She shrugged. "I'm guessing all of that comes in tomorrow."

I nodded and looked to my left to see Kyla sleeping on her stomach with her arms and legs all over the place. I threw my pillow at her causing her to moan.

Eventually, the three of us freshened up and walked out of the trailer.

"Where are we meant to go?" I asked, hugging my jacket closer to me.

Kyla shrugged. "I'm just going to the same place we were in the morning."

Carla and I followed her in silence. Despite the fact that nothing was absolutely thrilling yet, I was enjoying where I was right now. The calm night sky, the constant sound of crickets, and the cool breeze-everything was so peaceful here. It was almost like getting lost in the middle of nowhere but in a good way. It's a nice change from the city life.