Chapter 23

YES, IT'S A DOUBLE UPDATE! VALENTINE'S DAY WOULDN'T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT SOME SAVA! 

I stood there, stunned and staring at Seth. What the hell was he doing here?

He lifted his arm and pointed at me and then pointed down, gesturing for me to come down. Frowning, I shut my window and my curtains. Who does he think he is, coming here in the middle of the night after ignoring me for like a week?

My phone buzzed on my bed, flashing Sexiest man I know on it. I hit the ignore button and sat down on my bed to take a breath but that was not what Seth wanted since my phone buzzed again. It was a text this time.

If you don't come down here, I'll come up there. I'm sure you don't want me to ring the doorbell at this time, do you?

My eyes narrowed at his response. Shutting my eyes and letting out an irritated breath, I calmed myself down before grabbing my robe and putting it on as I walked down the stairs as quietly as possible. I opened the front door quickly so as to ensure it didn't creak and made my way out to where Seth was standing near his bike.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I whisper shouted, trying my best to ignore how good he looked in that black leather jacket over his white t-shirt.

"Why are you whispering?" he whispered back, moving closer to me.

I glared at him. "Seriously, Seth. What are you doing here?"

He shrugged, slipping his hands into the pockets of his black jeans. "I just wanted to see you."

"Oh, that's great. I want to see Ian Somerhalder but you don't see me throwing rocks at his window at this hour," I said sarcastically. "Besides, after ignoring me for so long, what's makes you want to see me now?"

"Do you want to go on a ride?" he asked, angling his body towards his bike and ignoring my question.

"No, I do not want to go on a ride!" I exclaimed. "Seth, why are you here?"

He sighed. "I just want to talk."

"So you thought coming to my house in the middle of the night was how you'd talk to me? Ever heard of a cell phone?" I questioned, trying my best to keep my anger in check.

"Look, Ava," he said, taking another step towards me and reaching for my hands but I pulled back. "I need to talk to you."

"Fine," I said after a moment. "I'm listening."

"I know the perfect place to go, come with me?" he asked, looking sincere.

"I'm grounded," I said, looking away.

"I'll drop you back in an hour or two," he offered. "Your parents won't find out."

"Why can't-"

"Please," he insisted, making me look at him which was a mistake since his sincere, deep dark eyes stared right into mine and I knew I was a goner.

"Okay fine, give me five, I have to change," I explained and he nodded eagerly.

I walked back to the front door and made my way up to my room quietly. As I pulled on a baggy white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, I considered my decision again. Was it really the wisest decision to go out with Seth at 12:32 am with the added bonus of me being grounded? Probably not but no matter how much I tried denying it, I really wanted to know what Seth had to say.

I walked out the front door a few minutes later.

"Let's go," I said, approaching Seth who was busy looking at his phone.