Chapter 17

The heat around me caused me to force my eyes open. Sunlight shone down on me as I squinted my eyes to figure out where I was.

Seth was sleeping next to me with his arm over his eyes.

Seth. The kiss.

I instantly sat upright. My fingers touched my lower lip gently. What's this supposed to mean? Do I pretend that it didn't happen?

Realizing that we aren't supposed to be here, I began panicking. Grabbing Seth's arm, I shook it violently to wake him up.

"What the-" he mumbled and peeked up at me through his lashes.

"We need to go before someone catches us," I said urgently, standing up.

"What is going on?" he asked, sitting up groggily.

"We fell asleep," I explained, outstretching my hand towards him.

His dark hair had grains of sand in them which made me conscious as to how to my hair looked. It probably resembled a bird's nest. He clasped his hand in mine and stood up, letting all his weight onto my arm. I lost my balance, resulting in his arm to slide around my back as a reflex to steady me.

All of a sudden, my body was pressed to his and I looked up to meet his eyes. My gaze dropped to his plump, pink lips and the memories of last night came rushing back to me like the waves rushing to the shore of the beach. I averted my gaze quickly and looked up to meet his eyes again.

Damn it, he had noticed me staring at his lips. I had expected him to smirk or give me a smug cool or make a smartass comment but instead, all I got was silence in return.

Taking a step back from him, I pulled away and sunk my feet in the sand.

"We should go," I mumbled.

"Yeah," he agreed and started walking.

For some reason, as we walked back in silence, I felt like I was walking the Walk of Shame. Not that I've done it before but if I were to ever walk the Walk of Shame, I think it would be pretty similar to what we were doing right now.

It was taking everything in me to not look at him. I didn't want to try and decipher what he was thinking or feeling with the dull expression on his face.

A few minutes later, we reached his trailer stopped. I finally looked up at him and then, the awkward phase began. His deep brown eyes studied my face. He was doing the same thing I was trying to do on the beach. He wanted to know what I was thinking about the kiss.

I glanced at the door of the trailer. What do we do now? Do I hug him? Do I kiss him?

Even the end of our first date was better than this.

"Bye then," I said quickly and walked off, not giving him a second glance.

I heard him mumble a 'bye' but I kept walking at a fast pace till I heard the door to his trailer shut.

Once I reached my trailer, I opened the already unlocked door and shut it behind me as I leaned on it and let out a breath of relief, shutting my eyes and letting my shoulders sag.

That moment of relief didn't last long because Kyla's shrill voice decided to take it away from me.

"Where on earth were you? Do you have any idea how worried we have been and how many times we called your dumb phone? Who told you that it was a wise decision to leave the trailer in the middle of the night without telling any of us?"

I just stared at her and waited for her to get over her motherly scolding. Even Carla was surprised at her outburst.

After I was certain that Kyla was finished, I made my way to my bed and sat down.