Eighteen 💫

Miles dropped the kids off earlier than we had agreed since he wanted to spend more time with them. He packed almost the whole closet of their clothes and almost all their toys. He just left for the airport twenty minutes ago and here I am making dinner for us.

"Mama can I use your phone?" Pearl asks

"for what?"

"I want to show Dannie the game you always let me play."

"okay but only the game." I say and he happily takes my phone and runs with it.

"Pearl no running in the house!" I shout at him

"okay mama" he shouts back.

Baby Ellie who just learnt to crawl, crawls to where I am and starts to make some baby noises while chewing her toys leg.
"princess don't eat that" I say while taking it away from her and that's when she starts screaming. I swear this baby is a time bomb. She screams while flaring her little arms at me indicating she wants to be picked up. I pick her up and she immediately stops crying and rests her head on my chest giggling. I told you time bomb.

She refuses to get off me even after dinner and I have to let the boys 'shower' themselves since they claimed they are big boys. Ellie loves showers because she can play with water as much as she likes.

Thirty minutes later, I walk into the boy's room and find both of them asleep. Pearl has his Spiderman pajama on while Dannie has his captain America pajamas on. I peck their foreheads before switching off their lights and walk to my room. Ellie is still playing with her toy when Miles calls. He is surprised that she is not asleep yet, because Ellie sleeps earlier than Dannie. We talk with Miles for more than two hours and what I know next is I'm woken up with screaming kids.

"Mama wake up!"

"Go away Pearl."

"I'm hungry" he complains

"I will pay you if you let me just sleep."

"Ookay, let's go" he says. I enjoy my peaceful sleep for I don't know how long until I'm woken up by the fire alarm. Miles and Dannie are all looking at each other and shrug their shoulders and walk into the living room when I arrive at the kitchen. After cleaning the kitchen, I make the kids breakfast and join them in the living room where they are watching Raya and the Last Dragon. My morning is uneventful until the triplets all pile into my house.

"What do you guys want?"

"Do we have to want anything to visit our favorite sister?" Mike asks

"Yeah you do, what do you want?"

"Nothing. PEARL!" Kenna shouts from beside me.

"Can you not shout Ellie is asleep?"

"COMING" my son shouts from somewhere in the house.

"Ellie isn't asleep." Kenzie replies and that is when I notice she now has Ellie who is giggling while playing with her necklace.

"Amanda you have no food in here!" mikes shouts.

"There is but it's uncooked." I shout back.

"I'm hungry."

"You know how to cook don't you?"

"But Amie you cook the best."

"It will not work today. Guys it's like eleven, didn't you have breakfast?"

"Nah, mama isn't home."

"Kenna if mama isn't home why you couldn't have cooked?"

"There is no food in the house."

"Didn't ma leave money for that?"

"She did but we are too lazy to go shopping." leave it to the tripplets to stay hungry because of laziness. Well I can't blame them, they got a role model here.

"Wait is that why you guys are not in school? Today is Friday."

"Nope , the Easter holidays."

"Today is the good Friday?"

"No dummy it's the bad Monday" kenzie replies while making faces at Ellie.

"We were bored at home alone and Ken said she didn't want us there because her fridge is also empty and that we should meet here." Kenna adds while Pearl is busy trying to braid her hair. Kenna loves Pearl so much and she spoils him so much than others. We can say the same with Pearl, he adores her too much , and she is his favorite.. Mike walks in with sandwiches with Dannie trailing behind him with a goofy grin on his face.

"Amie I made this for you!" Dannie shouts while he hands me a sandwich.

"It's good Dannie." I say after taking a bite and the boy gains a full smile. It's too good to be made by a four year boy. I look at Mike and he mouths 'I made it'. Mike sits next to me after he finished eating and keeps his head on my legs. I begin playing with his hair as if on instinct. He always loves it. That's my favorite sibling.
"So I told you I like this girl.."

"Yeah Lexie Xander's sister."

"she is so sweet, yesterday they thought they were late for class, I found them in the hallways both being so dramatic of how their mum is going to kill them if they get detention for being late for class. Instead of them going to class to avoid any more detention, they were imagining their deaths. After I told them classes were cancelled, they dramatically sighed and Lexie hugged me and kissed me."

"Lexie did what!" the girls shout.

"Wait you guys were listening on our conversation?" Mike asks and they guiltily nod.

"She just pecked me." He says and begins blushing. He has had this crush for years but he is a coward to make a step. That is how my day ends with us ordering pizza while talking about everything.