A hospital "date"

After a while I looked at my watch. It was 5:00 pm and I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was just another nurse but no, it was Mondo! "Hey dude, I missed you slot so I had to come visit, sorry I didn't tell you I was coming." He said. I chuckled and said "Hey it's okay! We're bros, we don't have to ask." We both smiled at eachother. "So you going to school tommorow?" He asked. "Yup I think I can!" I said. "Sounds great! He sat next to me and grabbed a gift he got from the local gift shop. "Here, open this while I shut the curtains and put on the star projecter for you." He said. I took the gift and opened it, and I saw a big card with a bunch of things in it! Mondo sat down and read them out for me. "This one says, hope your doing okay! We already miss ya captian pep talk :) -Aoi" I giggled while smiling.
He finished reading them all. I started tearing up a bit. Mondo leaned to me and gave me a big hug. I didn't know my class cared about me so much, this is why I loved school. "They already miss you!" He told me. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds then realized it was getting awkward and we both looked away. "I'm goanna go get us some food, I'll be back!" He said. I pressed a button on the hospital bed to raise up the bed a bit and looked at the stars on the star projector mondo bought for me the other day. They we're moving and moving in a beautiful pattern.
"I'm back!" He said. He got the rolling table to go near my bed and the tray and put the food he bought me on it. He got me a Japanese egg sandwich and a cold glass of water. "Thank you!" I said. It felt so nice having company, especially because it was Mondo. We ate our sandwiches and I looked at my watch. "Woah it's already 7:30, you should get going!" I said. "Hey Taka don't worry, I'm going to be here until 8:30!" He said. I really liked having him here but he needed to go and get some rest for school tomorrow. "B-but Mondo, you need some sl-" then he cut me off and said "Look Taka, your the one here who really needs sleep." I looked down, he was right and I should appreciate his company. "Oh Taka I just forgot to tell you, the teacher gave me your homework and I can help you." He offered. "Mondo look I really appreciate the help and all but you see, you don't really pay attention in class and I wouldn't be surprised if the teacher asked why I had so much questions wrong." I felt bad saying that but it was the truth. "I know you may think that dude but I just want you to know I was paying extra attention just for you, so I can help you with your work and copy all the notes down." He said. That hit my heart, in a good way. That was just so sweet of him. "Well if that's the case, then why not!" I said.
He handed me his notebook and let me look at the notes as a hint of what I was supposed to don the homework. I eventually finished it and said, "Thanks Mondo, I...really appreciate it." Making a small smile after. He smiled back and took the notebook and put it in his backpack. I looked at my watch to see it was almost 8:30. "Hey, maybe you should get going Mondo..." I said. "Oh right! See ya tomorrow!" He exited the room and shut the door slowly. I could just tell he didn't want to leave me so soon. I pulled up the covers screaming of excitement in my head. I left the star projector on incase I'd get nightmares.