What's Your Name Again?

Tony stared at the boy in front of him. So many questions darted in and out of his brain so quickly, he couldn't seem to grasp at one long enough to ask it.

Where was he from?

Who was he really?

What was he doing at the crime scene?

How could he seem to be so smart and yet so incredibly stupid?

How did he know so much about the tech?

And most of all, what was he hiding?

They were in Tony's private lab, standing face-to-face across a table. The intern was obviously nervous, casting glances at Tony, biting his lip, and running a hand through his shaggy hair that was in a desperate need of a trim.

"Okay, I'm gonna be honest for a second," Tony started with a sigh. "While I think you'd be an excellent intern, I really need to ask you some questions about the...bank fiasco."

The intern crossed his arms over his chest, expression hardening. "So, what--you lied to me? To bribe me here??"

"Nonono!" Tony held up his hands. "Not lying. Just not saying the entire truth."

"That is literally the definition of lying."

Tony continued, ignoring his comment. "I am very interested in you becoming my intern, so much that I let you eat pizza with my kids. That's a huge honor. I need to get some more information about you before I take you in, though, because like you said earlier--you could be a murderer or something."

The boy clenched his jaw and looked away.

Tony cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Okay. Now I want you to tell me the truth, uh..."

The boy's arms dropped to his side and he gave Tony the look of frustrated disbelief Pepper often gave him.

"Really?" he snapped.

"So sorry..."

"Peter," he said flatly. "Peter Parker."

Tony bit his lip and shrugged. "Okay, Mr. Parker. Take a seat. I want you to answer with the truth on all of these questions. Friday can tell if you lie."

"Now I'm being interrogated like a criminal?" he protested as he sat down in the chair.

"Well, like you said earlier, you could be a criminal," Tony scratched his ear thoughtfully. "I wouldn't know. Except I might, you know, 'cause I am Iron Man--"

"Can we please just get this over with?" he begged.

"Fine. What is your real name?"

"Peter Benjamin Parker."

A green light flashed discreetly on the wall behind Parker and Tony glanced at it without turning his head. Truth.

"Alright. Where do you live?"

"Apartment. 15th street. Queens."

Green again. The kid's face was a mask of calm, silently returning his calculating glare. Tony decided to push a little further.

"And what were you doing at the scene of the bank explosion?"

This clearly set him off. He started fidgeting in the chair, darting nervous glances all around the room.

"I--"

"The truth, please, Mr. Parker. I don't want to have to do this the hard way."

"What's the hard way?"