The Snow Angel

Before Tony could even blink, November was almost over.

Nothing interesting really happened--other than his foster parent class starting back up. It was taught by that Andrew Davis guy and a woman named Karen Kennedy.

When Thanksgiving arrived, Peter and Harley didn't hesitate to join in on the fun, despite this being their first Thanksgiving without their families.

"Tony!" Pepper shrieked from the kitchen. "Aren't you gonna finish the stuffing?!"

"I told ya, if it were up to me I'd just order pizza!" Tony called from the couch. Pepper threw her arms up in the air.

"Well, if that's how you're going to behave, then--"

"Yo!" Bucky cheered, sliding down the banister with Steve and Sam.

"We late to the party?" Sam laughed as they all landed in a heap at the bottom of the steps. Steve's arm lashed out, holding Cap Jr. high above the action where he could get squished.

"No, children," Tony answered. "And get up off the floor. Pepper's making dinner."

"But it's ten in the morning," Bucky remarked, fixing his arm that had gotten twisted backwards. "What does she need all that time for?"

"Because she can only cook breakfast foods!" Pepper shrieked again, clutching her head. Steve sprinted into the kitchen and carefully took a boiling saucepan off the stove.

"We'll help!" he declared. "America's golden boys are here to save the day!"

Bucky ran in to help, but slipped on one of Morgan's toys and went crashing into the oven. Glass flew everywhere and Bucky fell on his bottom, metal arm getting stuck in the oven door and ripping it clean off the hinges.

Pepper had screamed, but not for the oven. That could be replaced with the snap of a finger.

The turkey she'd been working so hard on now had a million glass shards embedded into it, plus it was on the floor between Bucky's feet. He got up with a groan, sporting a stylish oven-door bracelet. He handed Pepper the turkey with a grimace.

"Sorry, Pepper. I didn't mean--"

"I WORKED FOR DAYS ON THAT, YOU SON OF A--"

"I didn't mean to!"

"--NOT TO MENTION ALL THOSE TIMES YOU BOYS WERE OUTSIDE PLAYING AND I HAD TO WATCH THE KIDS AND MAKE THE TURKEY AT THE SAME TIME--"

"I'm sorry!"

"--AND YOU SHOULD BE! I'VE NEVER WORKED SO HARD ON ANYTHING MY ENTIRE LIFE, AND YOU HAD TO GO AND SCREW IT UP WITH YOUR BIG FEET!"

Bucky started to cry. Steve hugged him, consoling him as if he were a preschooler who had scraped their knee. Pepper sighed.

"It's okay, Mr. Barnes. Please clean up the glass."

Bucky sniffled and ripped the oven door off his hand, tossing it over his shoulder. It slammed into Sam's face with a sickening thud, but Bucky didn't even glance over.

"Yes, ma'am."

Bucky bent over and started to scoop up the glass shards in his hands.

By now, Peter had come down to see what all the fuss was about.

"Oh, I just..." Bucky winced. "Just broke some stuff."

"I'll help you!" Peter offered, running over to grab a broom and dustpan. Tony smiled to himself as he left the room in a hurry, not wanting to be volunteered for the clean-up crew as well.