Captain America Eats Yogurt

Tony spent the rest of the afternoon knee-deep in princesses, Harley's potato guns, and card games.

They fell asleep while they watched an old Christmas movie in the kids' room. When Tony opened his bleary eyes sometime in the middle of the night, he glanced at the clock on the wall. 1 AM.

He relaxed, taking a deep breath. Morgan's head was on his chest, Harley's on his shoulder, Pepper curled up on his other side.. Happy was snoring from a beanbag chair across the room.

He gently nudged Pepper. She looked around drowsily, taking a moment to register the kids sleeping all around them. Tony jerked his head to the kids and then at the sleeping bags they had carefully laid out on the floor earlier that day. Pepper nodded.

Tony carefully collected Morgan in his arms and eased Harley's head off his shoulder. He tucked Morgan into her pink sleeping bag with glow-in-the-dark stars, making sure she had her old purple rabbit stuffy under her arm. He kissed her forehead gently.

Harley was more of a challenge. He was almost as tall as Tony, but he managed to scoop him up and lay him on top of the bag. He covered him with a fuzzy blanket and patted his head.

"Goodnight, kids," he whispered to their sleeping forms.

Pepper had fallen back asleep on the couch, so Tony decided to go back down to the labs and look at Peter Parker's background check. Nothing to get you sleepy like inspecting a boring person's life, right?

He cast one look around the room, smiling at the sight of his sleeping family. Happy definitely deserved to be called family--he was like a great-uncle or something.

Tony rubbed his eyes as he walked down to the lab. He was used to staying up late all the time, but he had had a long day. He slid open the door and stepped inside. The only occupant was Dr. Banner, who was engrossed in typing something on the computer. He looked up when Tony opened the door.

"Hey, Tony," he called absently, resuming his work. Tony strolled in, craning his neck to see what Banner was doing.

"Whatcha up to, Banner?" he asked. Banner sighed and stepped away from the computer.

"Oh, nothing. I was just trying to see if there was a way to increase the cyber security around here."

"Increase?" Tony scoffed. "Come on, Banner. I'm a genius. You're a genius. We're all geniuses working here, there's no way anyone could slip between your walls."

Banner rubbed his chin. "I don't know. I've been seeing some advanced stuff trying to get in lately, and we're not the only geniuses out there. The bad guys are too."

"Sometimes," Tony shrugged. "Hey, would you mind if I did some stuff in here?"

"Like what kinda stuff?" Banner mumbled distractedly, fiddling with a contraption in his hand.

"I'm doing a background check on my new intern." Tony started heading over to the big computer. "Would that bother you?"

"No," Banner sighed, placing the object back on the desk and pushing his glasses up his nose. "But I can help you if you need it."

Tony laughed. "Yeah, right. Okay. Thanks, Brucie."

"What's a background check?" a voice asked eagerly. Captain America's head popped up behind the computer Tony was working at. He yelled loudly and stumbled backwards, cursing as he stepped on an important-looking piece of an electronic.

"Can't you ever just pop up when you're needed?" he snapped. "Which is like, a lot less often?"

Cap grinned and emerged from behind the computer. "Hey, you guys are staying up late and doing cool-guy stuff! I want in!"