~Sequel Sneak Peek: Bro Can't Type~

17 Months Later

The man chucked the computer across the room, ranting in German. The others gathered in the room looked tense, uncertain. Afraid.

"I told you for the last time, we're finished!" a man spat. "That experiment was the only thing keeping our division afloat."

Another man nodded. "And now that we can't get it back, the Arbiter will have our heads!"

A young man, looking to be no more than a teenager, was gathered amongst them. He rolled his unnaturally green eyes.

"You're all fretting too much. If you can create someone like me, what's the need for that puny spider?"

As if on que, the doors slammed open. A man in a long, dark coat strode in, his lower face covered by a mask. From what you could see, his face was riddled with scars, his eyes bent into a twisted sneer. Everyone either dropped to their knees, bowed, or passed out. The boy just simply dipped his head.

"That 'puny spider' held the key to the secret to many things," he rasped, deep voice sounding almost mechanical. "Better fighters, enhanced DNA, eternal life..." He paused, letting his piercing gaze sweep the room. One of his eyes was a pale, cloudy color, the other nearly pitch black. "If you're saying he wasn't worth it, then..."

"That's not what he was saying at all!" one of the other men squeaked, giving the boy an elbow. "Right?"

The boy shrugged. "I dunno. I was just curious. I mean, if tracking and capturing him was my mission...what do you want me for now? Are you going to kill me?"

He didn't sound scared at that option. Only mildly interested.

The man laughed, a horrible, screeching sound in the back of his throat. He clasped his gloved hands behind his back. "No, no, young Albrecht. In fact, we have another mission for you..."

Albrecht's eyes lit up as he waited patiently for the Arbiter to continue.

The man slowly turned, crossing the room to retrieve the computer that had been chucked across the floor. He chuckled, hefting it in the air.

"Really, Hoffman? Is this how we treat our computers?" He chuckled again and shook his head, switching it on. Through the cracked screen, you could see a profile of a young boy. His picture had a big red X over it, along with the words DECEASED plastered on the front. Underneath were the words Peter Parker--CODE RED--at large--capture and return alive. --MISSION FAILED--

The Arbiter started tapping slowly at the keyboard with his index fingers, then he made sounds of frustration and shook out his hands in the air.

"Someone else do it!" he whined, stamping his feet. Hoffman scurried up behind him, fingers flying across the keys. The Arbiter puffed out his chest proudly like he hadn't had a meltdown at all.

On the screen popped up another profile. It was of a girl, around the schooling age, with blonde hair and blue eyes. There wasn't much information under her profile.

Ah, yes, thought the Arbiter. This one will have to do.

"This is the second option," the Arbiter announced, whirling to face the group. Everyone ducked as he did so. "The plan B. We won't be denied our weapon again. And we may have let the Stone slip our grasp, thanks to that idiot Guy, but we have other ways of breaking people. Of taking over their minds."

He gave everyone a nod, winking at Albrecht, then pulled a fedora over his bald head as he strode from the room.

"Hoffman! Get my helicopter ready. And make me a cheese sandwich."

There it is! I'm going to publish the first few chapters of the sequel, and it'll be up on my profile! However, until I can get the plot more under control, I'm going to do what I did for Iron Family and wait a little while until I start the consistent posts. I'm a little busy with finishing up my school for the year, so it probably won't be until the summer.
Hope you liked it!!