Bubble Flood, Missing Teeth, and Runaway Ponies

The truth?

Bucky had discovered his identity.

He had been trying to straighten the other oven door, bracing his weight against it from the side, when it had flown off the hinges and spun towards Peter's face. Faster than he could think to duck instead, Peter had caught it with his bare hands.

Bucky's mouth had dropped open. Peter tossed the chunk of metal to the ground, but the damage had been done.

Naturally, instead of asking questions about Peter being Spider-Man, Bucky had challenged him to an arm wrestling contest with his metal arm, just to see who was stronger. It'd been pretty close, but Bucky had ended up somehow flipping Peter to the ground, where he got a single piece of glass in his hand. It hadn't hurt at all, and since after that Bucky declared a 'who could clean up all the glass faster' challenge, Peter had used his hands rather than the slow broom.

So, yeah, most of it had been his own stupidity, but Bucky had played a role, too.

The glass hadn't hurt his hands until Mr. Stark had tried to dig it out with tweezers, so Peter wanted to blame him for it.

He found he couldn't, though.

It was a strange feeling, buried deep almost a year ago as he clutched his dying uncle's hand.

He shook his head to clear it. Mr. Stark and Pepper would be out for today for business matters, which meant that Happy was babysitting them. Peter wanted to take this opportunity to do something nice for them, since they'd been so kind to him these last few weeks.

"Guys," Peter started, tugging on the old white and navy blue toboggan that he found in Ben's suitcase. He'd had it for years; it never seemed to outgrow him. "We should do something nice for Mr. and Mrs. Stark."

They looked up from their electronic devices, Harley playing a Switch and Morgan cheering something about popping all the bubbles on her preschool game.

"Like what?" Harley asked, tossing the Switch to the ottoman and stretching his arms over his head. Peter shrugged.

"I dunno. What does he usually like?"

"Coffee," Happy called from his chair. "Pepper. New ties. Being left alone."

Peter rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "That's not a lot to go on. What else could we do?"

"Build him a house on the beach!" Morgan cheered. Today her hair was tied into twin ponytails with different colored hair ties. She had on a pink t-shirt with an arc reactor on it that read My dad is cooler than your dad. Peter had one guess as to who had gotten her that shirt.

"Yeah, I think we're going to have to sit on that one for awhile," Peter said with a chuckle.

"Well, what about cleaning something he likes?" Harley suggested. "Like his suits?"

"No!" Happy shouted. He cleared his throat. "I--I mean, no, not when he's not home. Tony said you weren't allowed near those things. Remember what happened last time?"

Peter was confused as Happy sent a glare in Morgan's direction, who giggled mischievously.

"You took a nice little trip around the tower, didn't cha!"

"I think Harley's on the right track," Peter said slowly. He snapped his fingers and grinned. "What about his cars? Could we clean them?"

"Great idea!" Happy cheered. "I'll go pull them in!"

"Car time! Car time!" Morgan squealed.

"I'll go grab the soap!" Harley called, jumping over the back of the couch. Peter was left by himself.