fourteen. behind bars

THE ADULTS WERE STILL PUT BEHIND BARS EVEN AFTER THE EXPLOSION, which was surprising when there was barely anywhere to put the three

THE ADULTS WERE STILL PUT BEHIND BARS EVEN AFTER THE EXPLOSION, which was surprising when there was barely anywhere to put the three. But the police managed to put them in open cells together so they weren't separated. Paige was sleeping in a clean shirt that she was given since her old one was bloody and ripped, the same with Derek.

Her cell was next to Derek's so she didn't feel completely apart from him, it was the one thing she was scared of. Being apart from Derek. It was a habit that had developed since she was brought back from the dead after around 15 years of being apart from him.

"Still nothing?"Chris asked as Derek focused on trying to hear what was going on from far away, causing Paige to wake up from her sleep, but the man never answered. "Derek?". "Hold on"He stated with his eyes still closed as Paige yawned a little, rubbing her eyes when Derek let out a sigh.

"You were right"He revealed. "They're moving all the evidence". "Was there anything about the murder itself?"Chris questioned. "Any other details?". "Just about putting Katashi's things in a Federal Lockup and something about Stilinski being out for the day"Derek explained before facing forward with a sigh. "You know, if all of this is true, people are dead because of Stiles"

"But is it really Stiles?"Chris asked. "Remember, we've had this problem before"Derek reminded. "But you guys got lucky with Jackson"Paige added before she paused a little bit as an officer walked by with a hint of worry in her breath. "What happens when you don't...get lucky?"

"I guess it depends on how much or how little of Stiles is left"Chris stated. "You ever heard of the Berserkers?". "Germanic warriors"Derek answered. "They wore the skins of bears to channel their ferocity". "They didn't just wear them, they became them"Chris specified.

"A couple of years ago, a family came to us for help with their son"Chris continued. "This group of teenagers, they were doing all sorts of rituals with animal skins. Somehow they tapped into it, but with Berserkers, the human side doesn't last long, they're not tempered by the moon"

"He killed people?"Paige asked surprised. "He tore them apart"Chris added. "Eventually, I had to tell the family their son was gone, it took three of us to take him down. Almost every bullet we had and when it was over, I felt no remorse. None, I knew that kid was long gone..." 

"Would you feel any remorse putting Stiles down?"

"Stiles?Yes, but not a Nogitsune"

More time had flown by as the adults sat in the jail cells, Paige had fallen back into her sleep to pass more time, she was also just exhausted in general and there was nothing exciting to do for the amount of time she was going to be in the cell for. 

She had only manage to sleep for another hour or two, until she was woken by the loud clangs of cells from afar and other things happening around the Sheriff station. Derek had stayed awake the entire and didn't say anything since Paige woke up to try not make her grumpy and give her some peace and quiet.

Paige laid at the bottom with her eyes closed, but she wasn't sleeping, just resting in a way. "Paige?"Derek spoke up gently and the woman hummed in response. "You doing okay in there?". "Yeah, just trying to sleep through the time"She answered when she glared at the cage Chris was supposed to be in to see it empty. "What happened to Argent?"

"Police officer took him, lawyer's here for him"Derek stated as Paige got the energy to sit up and lean her back against the bars which were at the same place as Derek as he looked at her out the corner of his eye, picking up a chemo signal from the girl. "Your anxious"

"I hate being here, we didn't even do anything wrong"Paige complained glumly as she fixed her messed up brunette hair. "I know, we'll be out soon though"Derek assured the werewolf beside him.

"Hopefully"Paige murmured under her breath, but Derek could still hear when she sighed. "So, does this happen a lot as well?". "Nope"Derek denied. "This is just an unfortunate event, we wont be back in here again"

"How can you be so sure of that?"Paige asked as she turned and faced Derek in the eye and so did he with his eyebrows furrowed, wanting more clarification. "The nogistune is the reason were in here in the first place, what makes you think that he wont do it to us again?"

"I'm just cautious, that's all"Paige added. "Well, you know everyone and what their goal is"Derek reminded. "To keep people alive, that's what we're gonna do no matter what it takes...we know what it is, find a weakness, use it to stop it...or kill it...it depends"

"No, that's your way of doing things"Paige corrected with a grin before shrugging her shoulders. "But good to know where your standards are set at..."Derek then tilted his head with an annoyed look on his face before Paige gave him a frustrated, surprised look. 

"What?You know I'm right..."

"Yeah...yeah you are"

a/n: hey, so ik this chapter was shorter than normal, but i have literally no motivation to write and im too tired with the amount of crap going on in my life rn with xmas, ect cetera, so this is what ur gonna get but better chapters are coming soon i promise!