thirty nine. the day of chaos

IT WAS A LIVELY MORNING IN THE LOFT

IT WAS A LIVELY MORNING IN THE LOFT. It made Paige uncomfortable considering that it was normally quiet in the living space and the three living there hadn't been up to anything recently. Paige woke up from an angry voice of her boyfriend Derek shouting. She wondered who it was who made him angry just on the spot, however no one came to mind.

She knew it wasn't Selina since she was the type to piss him off the most, second place being Stiles, and Derek had to deal with it no matter how annoyed it made him. Plus, Paige could hear Selina munching away on food somewhere. Confused, she dragged her tired body out of bed, rubbing her eyes as she entered the open space.

Paige noticed the tall, buff figure of Derek on the phone with an irritated look on his face. So naturally, the woman put a smile on her face to see if it made any difference to Derek's mood. "No, I want them individually, not the whole thing"Derek enunciated in frustration. "Honey?"Paige spoke up. "You okay?What you up to?"

"Individual ones, you stupid old fuck!"Derek shouted and Paige just swiftly moved by Derek to Selina on the couch. "Should I even ask?"She asked her. "No, especially since he's already had his coffee this morning..."Selina explain as she put her empty plate down before pointing to a fresh cup of coffee sitting at the end of the table. "Yours is there, just made it"

"Thanks..."Paige said with a smile as she took the warm beverage in her hands and taking a sip. As she took the mug away from her lips, she noticed Selina's school bag sitting upright beside her, how she was dressed up nicely so early in the morning and the few scattered makeup products such as eyeliner, lip gloss and mascara laying on the table.

"Your going to school?"She questioned curiously. "Going to try"Selina specified, grabbing her lose items and Paige gave an intrigued nod. "Lack of attendance isn't good for my grades". "You actually care about them?"Paige asked slightly surprised, raising her eyebrows. "No offense, but I didn't see you as the type"

"Yeah, which is weird even for me..."Selina admitted and the woman chuckled. Paige walked around the table, putting the mug down as she sat in front of her daughter on the couch. While Selina continued to clear up the last of her mess, Paige took the lip gloss from the table, twisting the cap and taking the wand out before adjusting herself to face her daughter head on.

Selina looked at her Mom as she gestured to part her lips and raise her head slightly. "Since Derek is making what sounds like an old lady cry over the phone at 8 in the morning,"Paige started whilst applying the gloss to Selina's lips and she chuckled slightly at the comment, "tell me about the Liam situation"

Selina dozed off in a deep thought as Paige screwed the wand back on and placed it in the front pocket of her backpack where she seemed to be putting the rest of her essential beauty products for school. "I was texting him last night..."Selina admitted. "He couldn't sleep and neither could I, so we texted for a bit"

"What'd you talk about?"Paige asked.

"Stuff..."Selina answered in an awkward tone when Paige quirked an eyebrow, showing that she wasn't convinced. "He apologized for keeping the secret, but it was written in a way that made me forgive. He was either sleep deprived as fuck or actually sympathetic for me. Maybe both, I don't know. I don't care"