eighteen. saving the hunted

SHE FELT IT, THREE WEREWOLVES THEY KNEW WERE BEING HUNTED, the couple weren't back at the loft for long until Paige felt something hit her arm, but nothing really did, it was a connection

SHE FELT IT, THREE WEREWOLVES THEY KNEW WERE BEING HUNTED, the couple weren't back at the loft for long until Paige felt something hit her arm, but nothing really did, it was a connection. Family connection. Something was wrong when Selina and the twins were in the woods looking for Lydia since she was taken by Void.

They heard that they got Stiles back, but he was incredibly pale and shaken up to relax, even scared to death when he would wake up from a nap. When the couple had arrived at the woods to the injured werewolves, whoever was hunting them was still active with the shooting and the dragged them away as fast as they could before they could get hit again.

Paige wasn't getting anymore unusual pains since she was with Selina, helping her and the twins to safety, the signal was just to alert the woman that her daughter was in danger. They took the werewolves to a safe space were the mysterious shooter couldn't find them, the couple laid them down as they checked for any hunters which there wasn't.

"Where are we?"Selina asked with a wheeze from the wolfsbane poisoning. "It's a coyote den"Derek stated as he and Paige walked back inside. "Stay quiet". "Did you see the shooter?"Aiden asked, looking at the former alpha as he sat on a large stone whilst Paige went to check the werewolves conditions which wasn't good at all. "You know who it is?"

"No, we were a little busy"Paige stated, looking at the blood on Ethan's face as he laid down on the ground. "Who else did you two piss off?"

"We pissed off everyone"Ethan responded as Paige stood up, joining Derek by his side. "It was only a matter of time before someone caught up to us". "Well, the bullets had wolfsbane in them"Derek warned. "So, if we don't get you three out of here soon, the poison is going to spread. Stay quiet, we'll be back..."

The two then exited the den again, leaving the werewolves inside as the couple searched around the ground for any evidence on who the shooter could be, far away from the den. "D'you think it was the Calavera's?"Derek spoke up curiously. "Why would they hunt them down?"Paige asked her boyfriend confused. "They don't have a bone to pick with Aiden, Ethan and Selina..."

"They do with Selina if they know she's la loba perdido"

Paige stopped at Derek's statement, causing her to look up from the ground with a sigh and turning her head to him. "They can't know"She informed. "Scott's the only person who does, and he hasn't let it spill since we're too focused with the nogistune and saving Stiles..."

"I think Allison and Lydia might know too"Derek revealed. "I don't know, they were at the loft talking to Peter when were in jail, they found out a secret about Peter, maybe they found out about ours..."

"Well, its not like we can ask Lydia"Paige stated as she turned back round, searching the ground again. "She's the one we're looking for and Allison's busy with her weapons, but it could be possible, we don't know how long Peter's known the truth, it might've been before we ended up in jail..."

"Its Peter, he must've known at the same point we did, he was just out of town to tell us"Derek suggested and Paige tilted her head in agreement when she saw objects shining in the ground from the ground. The woman immediately rushed to it, picking them up and placing them in her hands to see shell casings, but not from who she expected.

"Wasn't the Calavera's"Paige informed as she stood up, taking one of them in between her two fingers and showing the shell casing to Derek as he stepped forward. His face went pale with anger as he look at the fleur-de-lis symbol carved onto the casing.

The casing of an Argent.

~

After finding the casings on the ground, they had continued to look for the shooter, but they didn't hear them for miles, so they knew it was time to get the werewolves to the loft since they were wasting time whilst the wolfsbane poisoning was spreading.

Even if they didn't trust him again at this point, Derek called for Argent help since the two couldn't manage bringing three werewolves up to their loft themselves, despite the strength they had to do so, plus, they needed to show them the casings they found on the ground anyway.

With one werewolf under each arm, the three adults carried the injured werewolves into the loft, putting them together on the couch as Derek, Paige and Argent stepped aside. Paige reached into her pocket and pulled out one of the bullet casings.

"I found these on the ground"She revealed. "This wasn't Araya, was it?"Chris asked. "We don't think so"Derek responded clueless. "They don't look like her shells, these don't have skulls on them..."Paige passed the small object over to Chris when he looked at the symbol, causing his face to turn pale with shock.

"That's not possible"He muttered out, making the couple look at him confused whilst his phone started to ring. "What's that supposed to mean?"Paige asked confused as Chris answered his phone, not answering the woman's question.

"Allison?"He asked. "They found her, Scott found her, Dad"She revealed which caused relieve to the adults as they glanced at the hurt werewolves still on the couch. "They found Lydia, I'm on my way". "Allison, hold on"Chris pleaded seriously. "You have to wait"

"I can't, Dad"Allison addressed. "Allison, wait for me..."Chris repeated. "There's no time, it's all ready night"Allison reminded when the man turned away from the werewolves in front of him. "There's no time, Dad"

"Wait, Allison, wait!"

But Allison had already hung up before Argent could say anything else, causing him to groan annoyed at his daughters behavior as he turned around again in a worry, wanting to help Aiden, Ethan and Selina before it was too late. "Go, we got this..."Paige assured and with that, the man ran out in a hurry to stop his daughter.

Not knowing that he would be too late.