forty. protecting the hunted

PAIGE WAS OVER THE MOON WITH HER BOYFRIENDS PROPOSAL

PAIGE WAS OVER THE MOON WITH HER BOYFRIENDS PROPOSAL. Who couldn't be happy go lucky when they get engaged? But considering how late it was, they couldn't go out to anywhere fancy, so they just ordered in Dominoes for the three of them. Plus they were exhausted from what they did prior and couldn't be bothered.

They didn't get to sleep until around half past 2 in the morning, Selina had left at around midnight to stay at 'the McCall residence', but Paige wasn't as dumb nor too starstruck to know she was really going to stay at Liam's. Especially after their make out session she caught a glimpse of at the car.

The next morning, or early afternoon, Paige woke up to the smell of brunch which Derek had managed to cook without burning the food or the loft down. Plus, he had the help of Selina who threatened to rip his hand off if he messed anything up. Since it was the weekend, the three stayed in playing Monopoly and munching on whatever snacks there was in the cupboards.

But in Beacon Hills, there's always a disruption. A phone call from Scott explained that they found the remainders of Satomi's pack being hunted and needed their help to protect them. Obviously, the three agreed, also alerting Braeden to join them since Derek didn't have his powers anymore and they need as much help as they could.

It was also then that she found out about Derek and Paige's engagement by noticing the ring on her finger which wasn't hard to miss. At the warehouse which wasn't that far a drive from the loft, the girls helped Braeden load the guns that she brought for them as Derek looked at Satomi and her pack huddled together

Scott, who was gazing out the window, started approaching Derek whilst looking at the people helping him protect the hunted wolves. "They'll be okay"He said as the two looked at one another face to face. Derek looked at the pack for a split second and then back to Scott. "They've got claws and fangs,"Derek stated while walking forward, "but they're not fighters"

"That's why I called you"Scott stated as the group got together. "Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either"Derek reminded, now standing next to his fiance. "I do"Selina said, stating the clear obvious. "But back up is always need, which is why Paige called Braeden..."The woman put on a proud grin, her rifle gripped tight in her hand.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?"Kira spoke up curiously. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens, right?"They all exchange glances of a possible yes, but better be safe than sorry. "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?"Paige asked the young McCall.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith"Scott answered. "Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house, they're trying to stop it"As Selina opened her mouth to add something on, a voice of Brett Talbot came behind Scott. "What if there is no stopping it?"He asked, causing Scott to turn round. "That was my line"Selina groaned to herself in a hushed tone.

"What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"Brett wondered. A period of silence fell over the building, until a light bulb exploded in Derek's head, figuratively. "Then let's send a message"He decided. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun"