forty five. some revenge shit

A FEELING OF EMPTINESS was all Paige felt as she looked at Derek

A FEELING OF EMPTINESS was all Paige felt as she looked at Derek. It was as if all happiness had been sucked out of her in the span of those 10 seconds watching the love of her life draw his last breath. After his demise, all she could do was silently cry; she didn't have the courage to help the Calavera's, to do anything.

Paige just sat on the dirty concrete to left herself grieve

In the midst of the countless tears falling from her eyes onto her heated cheeks, all the gunfire had quieted down as the hunters seemed to had lost track of who they were trying to capture. From how silent it fell, all that could be heard was the slowly dragging footsteps of the hunters, searching each inch of the perimeter for Kate and her Berserker.

Paige, who now had her two hands holding Derek's cheeks, turned the mans face towards her which ultimately made a few more tears drop. Just glancing at his closed eyes and his ghostly face made her queasy, but many minutes had passed since the death of her husband to be; this was the first time that she had looked at him properly.

"I'm so sorry"She whispered to him, tracing her thumb back and forth on his cheek. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you"Paige let in a sniffle as she took a shakily breath.

Now what?She thought. The woman was questioning what to do next; even sitting at the sidelines of battle until it was all over and they had finally caught Kate. She felt helpless; her gun was absolutely useless as she had no more ammo to use, Paige had wasted it all trying to keep the Berserker and Kate away from Derek, also herself.

But then it hit her.

Kate Argent; the werewolf hunter behind the many deaths in the Hale House fire, responsible for Derek's passing. She was given a second chance to wreak havoc and let her feeling of vendetta grow by capturing Derek, taking him away for weeks and leaving Paige alone and powerless. Kate took Scott, Kira and manipulated her niece into the supernatural.

All of this and more, yet she hadn't been punished for it.

Then there was one blazing moment in which Paige finally understood that it wasn't Peter, it wasn't Jennifer. Only Kate Argent; it was all her, she did it. Aside from the fact that she had been given help by Derek's Uncle, a man who's concern was never convincing to those who he hurt in the past.

This woman was a mastermind; a mass murderer, leading the pack to where they were in that moment; and there Kate was, hiding from the hunters like the pussy she always was. Now, a sudden balloon of rage grew, getting bigger and bigger by the second. The surface getting weaker as it grew larger, which made is easy to break.

When it all first happened, Paige didn't speak to a single soul; she isolated herself in the loft hoping that Derek would be able to escape the hunters grasp and come back to her. But if Katherine Argent thought she could do it again and expect Paige to sit down silently like she did previously, the werejaguar would have to be fucking idiotic.