thirty three. satomi's hidden pack

SATOMI

SATOMI. That was the woman they needed to find. Brett, who was still out of it from the wofsfbane poisoning, was apart of Satomi's pack and it seemed that he didn't know about the deadpool. And if he didn't know, then his pack didn't either.

According to Derek, their pack had a secret meeting place in the woods, but Derek didn't exactly know where. So the couple decided to get assistance from somebody who knew the woods of Beacon Hill's incredibly well.

Malia.

Paige had found about how Selina was attacked by Garrett at the same time Violet was attacking Brett, but thankfully, she was poisoned with the wolfsbane. Selina didn't mention what Garrett said about her being 'The Lost Wolf', she just kept quiet about it, but she thought it was just a nickname for a born werewolf to have human parents.

The couple stood at the stairs of the empty corridors waiting for Malia to come out after calling her name, Brett's lacrosse jersey gripped in Derek's hand. When the coyote got to the hall, she turned around to the couple, feeling their presence. "What are you doing here?"Malia asked confused.

"Brett's still out of it"Paige stated. "We need to find his pack and warn them about the deadpool". "So what do you need me for?"Malia wondered, still confused. "I know a little something about this pack"Derek revealed, trotting down the stair with Paige close behind. "They have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods"

"And no one's spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than you"Paige added on. "This is Brett's"Derek said as he tossed it over into Malia's hand. "Breathe it in". "I'm not good at that yet..."Malia informed him with a light stutter. "Try it, we'll teach you"Paige encouraged and Malia scrunched it up and gave it a go.

"Focus on the different scents, some are tied to identity, others give off an emotion"

After a few tries, Malia had managed to get a location from Brett's jersey and she helped them get to the specific part of the forest as Paige drove with the coyote in the passenger seat. Not because she called shotgun, because Paige thought Malia might've gotten deja-vu from the night of the accident which caused her to turn into a coyote for 8 years.

Even if that might've not happened if she was in the back seat, she just wanted to be cautious. Derek had also started telling a little bit about Brett's pack as they arrived at the forest. "Their Alpha is a woman named Satomi"The man lectured as they got out the car and starting walking. "She's one of the oldest werewolves alive.."

"And she's learned a lot"Paige added. "What does that mean?"Malia questioned. "She's a bitten werewolf"Derek specified. "Learning control wasn't easy for her, she did something a long time ago that changed her. The quote is a mantra, it helps them with control"

Before Derek could continue on further, a scent filled Malia's nose, causing her to stop and look around. "What is it?"Paige asked curiously. "Gun powder"Malia answered, looking at the two until she spotted something in the crinkled pile of leaves

Derek knelt down in front of it, taking it in his hand and looking around the gold, small cylinder object. It was a shell casing from a bullet, and that's when it hit him. ""If Brett's pack is out here, I don't think they're meeting"Derek stated with a hint of worry.

"They're hiding..."

~

The trio searched around the forest for hours on end, picking up a few more shell cases on the way, but for a suspicious reason. They couldn't find Satomi nor her pack. They would go back two or three times to recheck, but every time they did, Derek got more sad.

He told Paige that he was fine when she asked if he was okay, but of course Paige didn't believe him. The three made it back to the car, sitting down in their seats in defeat, but Derek in the drivers seat this time and Paige in the back. "I'm sorry"Malia apologized.

"There's nothing to be sorry about"Derek stated, lifting his head up. "If they don't want to be found, then we're not going to find them". "Some werewolves have an ability"Paige lectured. "A kind of mastery over their bodies where they can actually inhibit their scent..."

"They can hide from other werewolves?"Malia asked. "From anyone who's trying to find them"Derek specified with a glum look still once his hand and Paige sat forward in her seat to hold Derek's hand as a way of comfort. "So that's why nobody knew about Brett"Malia realized. "Same with Demarco"Paige added on.

"Maybe we need to try something different"Malia suggested and Derek turned his head to her. "Maybe we need to think like Stiles". "Like a hyperactive spaz?"Derek questioned. "Derek-"Paige sighed annoyed. "Like a detective"Malia corrected. "If they're really Buddhists, then maybe instead of asking where werewolves hide, we should be asking-"

"Where would Buddhists hide"Derek finished when his eyes landed on the lit up compass on the driveres side. "When Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree, he looked to the east for enlightenment...". "Is there some kind of eastern point in Beacon Hills?"Malia questioned seriously. And then it clicked.

"At Lookout Point"

~

Surprised and desperate, the three got out the car again and ventured back into the forest to Lookout Point where there was a beautiful view of Beacon Hills underneath the night sky as the three stood at the edge. But then a strong scent his Malia and Paige's noses, causing them to stop Derek out of fear, leaving him confused.

"Malia? Paige?"He said. "You don't smell that?"Paige asked breathly in a little bit of disgust, looking to their left. "Wait for me, right here"Derek instructed before walking in the direction where the girls got the scent from. Since Derek didn't have a strong sense of smell as he did before, he was the one that went in.

The two girls waited there, but a few minutes passed and Derek didn't return. Concerned, Paige and Malia went after him when they saw multiple dead bodies which seemed to be the werewolves of Satomi's pact. "Derek?"Paige asked to her boyfriend who stood still in shock as she held his hand again.

"What happened?"Malia questioned. "I think they might have been poisoned..."Derek suggested with a tweak of sadness in his voice and Paige gave him a sympathetic look before moving her hands to his upper arm, resting her head on it too which brought the smallest smile to Derek's lips, but it only lasted for a second.

"That's great"Malia said worried, looking around. "If assassins with guns don't get you, then the ones with wolfsbane poison will, or maybe one with no mouth. Maybe we should all be running from Beacon Hills, running for our lives, as fast as we can..."

The last words made Derek shudder and small tears come to his eyes which got Paige more than concerned. "Come on, we should go"She suggested with an encouraging look, removing her head from his arm and making her hand travel back down to Derek's. The man nodded a little as he started to follow his girlfriend and Malia, but something stopped the three of them.

A noise.

Paige and Derek turned around and looked into the distance when they saw a blood covered, shaky hand reach up into the air, but they knew the figure of the mysterious woman vaguely familiar and they ran to them in a hurry. When they got to her, their faces turned pale in shock.

It was Braeden.