Satan - Propose

(A/n: This is a female reader. Thank you for 60 reads and votes. It means a lot to me T^T. The above picture is from the anime! He looks soo good!)

Satan sat there on the couch reading a romantic novel. "Ugh, again a wedding?" He sighed. This was the fifth book he was reading which again ended up in 'a wedding'.

"Literally after all the climax, tension, action, the bride drama and the anxiety a wedding, in the end, is a must. Of course, weddings aren't necessary like they're in the book, right? Maybe they are. Or maybe not" He questioned himself. He has never given a thought about a wedding or even proposing to you. How much ever cliché it sounds, Satan knew that the minute he laid eyes on you, you'd be the one he'd end up proposing. You both had been together for 2 years now.

"Maybe now is the right time," Satan admitted.

"Right time for what?" you asked him. He didn't realize that you had already entered the room. "When did you come kitten?" He kept the book aside and walked up to you embracing you in his warm hug. You giggled, "When you were lost in the tiny world of yours."

"Uh-huh okay. So, what are you doing here so late?" he asked while ruffling your hair. 

"Why? Am I not even supposed to meet my handsome boyfriend?" you pouted looking up at him.

'Cute' he thought and chuckled before kissing your forehead. "No-uh. I was actually coming to your room so we could sleep together." He held you closer and slid his hands down your waist. You snuggled into his chest. "But now that you're here, let's sleep in my bed." You nodded and the two of you made your way to his bed. You quickly pecked him on his lips. He held you in his arms and both fell asleep embracing each other.

For the next few days, Satan was in a dilemma, whether he should do it or not. 'What if she's not ready yet? What if she rejects me? She won't reject me, after all, she loves me, right? Ugh, why am I thinking all this?!' Satan sighed. As usual, he went to the person he always goes to for a piece of advice.

"Asmo, do you have a minute?" he knocked on his door. "Yes~ Come in Satan" Asmo replied in his usual chirpy voice. He explained everything to him how he first thought that it was foolish to get married but now he wants to become a fool for Y/N. Asmo immediately told after listening to the matter, "I honestly think you should go for it, Satan. I mean you truly love her and she's changed you a lot."

It was true you had changed Satan a lot over the last three years. "Thank you Asmo. I knew I could count on you." He exited his room. Asmo waved, already excited for the wedding. "Tell me how it goes~~" He knew that it was Satan after all.

("TIMESKIP" BROUGHT TO YOU BY – Belphie laying on your lap and peacefully humming a lo-fi song~~~)

The next evening Satan had asked you to wear your favorite dress and he said he'd take you on a date. Of course, it had to be romantic, as cliché it sounds. You both took a walk across the lake and finally reached your destination. There was a picnic blanket on the green patch right under the starry sky with candles and a food basket on it. You chuckled when you saw that the food basket has a lock on it.

"Is the lock put on to prevent Beel from eating our food?" you asked as you both stood near the blanket. Satan chuckled, "Well kind of."

"Aww, poor Beel!" you felt bad. You stood there with Satan for a while staring at the beautiful full moon. Satan suddenly spoke up, "You look stunning underneath the moonlight." You smiled at him, "Thank you, my love. That was random though. Now can we eat something. I'm hungry" you gave him puppy eyes. He chuckled "Yes, let me unlock the basket. Stand here for a minute."

He started fidgeting with his pockets. He checked his first right pocket but the wasn't there and then he checked the back of his pockets. He slid his hand in the left pocket of his pant pulling out a ring box. "Ah! Found it."

You smiled, "All that protection for a key-"He opened the box revealing a ring but not studded with just a measly diamond because he thinks you deserve way better than that, but he also wants it to represent him since he is officially making you his. It had a yellow gold diamond filigree with an emerald in the middle. It reminds him of an enchanted fairy tale, which is perfect because to him you are an enchanted fairy-tale. The emerald, of course, represents him and by placing it in the middle, he's making sure you're not forgetting him. You gasped as it all felt surreal. You were shocked and happy and all sorts of emotions flowing in you.

He got down on one knee and said, "Y/N, I know it's a bit early but I couldn't help. You're the best thing that has happened to me. You saved me from me. You gave me a shoulder when I needed it. You showed me love when I wasn't feeling it. You made me feel loved. You made me realize that there's more than Wrath and I'm more than a mere shadow." He paused and continued, "That's why I want to spend the rest of our lives continuing to learn of your past, protect you in your present, and be there for you in the future. You are beautiful inside and out. I ask you, (Y/N), with my love in your heart, and this ring in front of you, will you make me the happiest man by marrying me?" He finished off by placing the box in front of you.

By the time he spoke you were in tears, he noticed this and suddenly stood concerned, "Y/N, I-I'm sorry if it's still early for you..." He couldn't complete as you tackled him into a hug, "I will! I will." He was shocked and happy. You pulled away and stretched out your hand, he quickly slid the ring.

"I love you, kitten." He pulled into a deep and passionate kiss. You returned the kiss and both of us pulled apart wanting some air.

"I love you too, Satan"

Words: 1104<3

Date: 09/09/21