Diavolo - Promise (Pt. 2)

'Perhaps if I close my eyes just a little longer...'

He was surrounded by water and he was drowning in the big marble bathtub...

...

He felt a hand wrapped around his arm followed by a harsh tug. The warmth of the water was soon replaced by the raspy Devildom air. He blinked his eyes, adjusting to the surrounding light, and saw Barbatos frowning at him

"Honestly my lord you need to get yourself together. You are the new king of Devildom and I personally will not have you moping over some ordinary human any longe-" Barbatos could not even finish his sentence before Diavolo's hand was around his throat and had him pinned against the wall. Barbatos could see the anger in Diavolo's eyes, but he just matched them with an unamused glare.

"She's not some ordinary human" Diavolo snarled at him not loosening the grip around his throat.

Barbatos snapped his fingers and disappeared from Diavolo's fingertips. There was a soft knock at the door and Barbatos walked in with a polite smile. Diavolo could barely hide his annoyance with the time-traveling demon, but he knew better than to take it out on another version of him who had no idea what had just happened.

"Ah, my lord I see you are now cleaned. You have broken your mirror again. I'll see that a new mirror is replaced right after the ceremony" he said with a smile, handing Diavolo the clothes he would be wearing for his coronation. "Please get dressed swiftly and then meet me out in the hall. There's someone who wants to meet you."

Diavolo was not sure if he was imagining it or not but he swore he saw Barbatos smirk when he said that. Sighing, he looked at the royal red jacket and examined the backings of it, the slits in the back were big enough for his wings to sprout without his clothes ripping apart. The black dress shirt was rather boring, but the golden tie that accompanied it matched the intricate design of the jacket. The black slacks were ironed crisp and the red and gold shoes were the perfect touch to the outfit. Then off to the side sat a pair of black leather gloves with Devildom's crest as the snaps. A subtle reminder that he is now the king of Devildom.

He slid them on and they fit perfectly. They seemed to have been molded just for him, which would not be the strangest thing in the world, but he was still in shock considering how much bigger his father was than him. He fastened the snaps and slipped on his shoes before looking in the fragments of the mirror to see how he looked. The suit was still flashy enough for him to be seen and known as the king, but subtle enough that he could wear it to The Fall if he wanted to.

Diavolo's POV

I smiled to myself thinking about the last time I went to The Fall with her. Lucifer and mammon were stuck wearing cute bunny ears and how she forced me to wear them too. She looked so beautiful and adorable. 'How can a person look adorable and beautiful at the same time? She wasn't even wearing anything flashy yet she was the prettiest person in the room'

I sighed to myself and braced against the bathroom counter. 'Barbatos is right. I need to get a grip on myself. She's not going to return. She has angel's blood in her for fuck's sake. If she's passed away, I know for sure she's already been snatched by the angels. Simeon must be looking after her, right? He did promise me that.' I released the breath that I had been holding.

"Whatever be the case, I am a king now and a king must not be stung past lovers. Especially, when I have an entire kingdom that relies on me. I must not let them down." I slapped my face and lifted it to see myself for the final time, even though I have plenty of time before the coronation. I got a final glance of myself in the shattered glass and for a second, I saw Y/n in the glass. I blinked my eyes and she was gone. I sighed again and smacked my face before draping the golden jacket over my broad shoulders. I started marching towards the door.