Headcanons - New Year Resolutions

A/n: Okay, so umm new year is almost here. (Me: *starts whispering* psst! come close *reader comes close* and I've lost my sanity) Anyways, so here's how the brothers + dateables are gonna react to the new year's resolution thingie and stuff. Bleh, I hope you get the idea! Oh btw, what's your resolution?

...

"In the human world, we make goals for how we want to change or want to do in the new year. It's a fresh start. So I thought it'd be fun if we all made resolutions y'know?" You explained as you handed them cute Christmas-themed 'Resolution cards'.

"Also, you don't have to share, but this will be a small reminder for you all as the year passes by. Feel free to write what ya want to."

Lucifer

He took the card and flipped it over in his hands, observing it and thinking what he wanted to do. His eyes trailed back to you as you finished passing out the cards. You looked up at the ceiling while thinking of a resolution to settle upon.

Lucifer looked back down at his own card and took out his favorite pen.

Make sure that (Y/n) knows how much I appreciate them.

He folded the card and placed it into the pocket of his suit. He would not let his brothers discover what his resolution was. (or else we know what happens...whoopsies gotta keep mammon out of trouble)

Mammon

New year's resolution? He thought so at first. "Make more money, obviously," Mammon grumbled as he took the card from you. When your fingers brushed up against one another, he froze, a pinch of red dusted on his cheek. His cheeks felt warm and he glanced away from you.

He pulled the cap off of the marker you gave him with his mouth and started scribbling down on the card.

Be more honest with my feelings for (Y/n).

He shoved it into his jacket, averting his gaze towards you, his eyes softening. He took a deep breath, he would try.

Leviathan

Oh, this soft boy! He grabbed the card with utmost excitement. This was like something straight out of an anime he watched. Oh dear, he couldn't decide which anime he was going to make his goal to re-watch, which game he wanted to complete, what Ruri chan collectibles he was wanting to get, or how many cosplays he wanted to do.

But then he stopped, he glanced up from the card towards you and then back to the card. He took off the marker's cap and started writing something down.

Try not to get shy and be more affectionate to (Y/n).

His face started burning abruptly after reading what he had just written. Just thought made his heart flutter. He shoved the card in one of his pockets.

Satan

"Thank you," he expressed as he took the card from you. He sat on his chair pondering upon different possibilities. Cats? Learn new curses? Learn new ways to prank Lucifer? Honestly, he was not thinking straight at that time. He kept glancing towards you, curious as to what you were gonna write down. He took off the cap and scribbled,

Must learn more about (Y/n)

He loved learning, about anything really. So learning about the one who had captured his affections would make learning more special.

Asmodeus

"Oh (Y/n) dear!~ Don't forget to show me what you wrote. Also, these cards are cutely decorated" he winked causing you to smile widely at him. All he wanted was his card to be the most beautiful of all, ofc he's not gonna peep into others' cards.

He whirled the front locks of his hair while watching you carefully. A soft smile on his lips as he admired your kindness and little acts of love towards everyone in the room. Really, his resolution didn't take too much thought.

Make (Y/n) feel like the most beautiful person in all three worlds.

Beelzebub

Here comes our little cinnamon roll~ Beel took two cards from you and nudged Belphie awake before handing it to him. 'Food?' He thought. He figured that Belphie would write something similar to him - they didn't have a telepathic connection for anything. Still, it's HIS resolution.

He wanted to feel responsible for what he wrote. He was the one that wanted to make it come true. He scratched off the paper.

Make sure (Y/n) feels safe

He smiled at the card. It was simple, but he wanted to be the one protecting you.

Belphegor

Well, uhh our boy kinda dozed off but hey, he did pay some attention to what you said. He was sure of what he was gonna write on the card.

When Beel nudged him awake, he quickly scribbled down his resolution and stuffed it inside his cow-themed pillow to keep it safe.

Make sure (Y/n) is safe and is never scared of me again.

Diavolo

"Now that's a wonderful idea (Y/n). This is why exchange programs are fun and useful. Thank you!" He spoke as he took the card from you. He had so many ideas and goals for Devildom.

His golden eyes meet yours and you smile at him. That's it, he's decided.

I must make sure (Y/n) gets all the happiness in the world.

Even though he had decided that he would keep things professional between you and him but he couldn't help because he was enchanted by you.

Barbatos

He thanked you as took the card from you. His gaze wandered to Diavolo as he saw him writing something with great thought. Diavolo didn't even peer down on Barbatos' work. He took off the cap and started writing, unknown of the fact that his wish was kinda similar to his young Lord's.

To spend time to make (Y/n) happy.

Simeon

This angel~ "This is beautiful! Nice idea (Y/n)" Simeon complimented you as he took a card from you. "I hope you keep up your resolution. Also, if you need my help, feel free to ask my help." You smiled at the angel.

Simeon instructed and made sure that Luke understood what you told them. He laughed when the little one reprimanded him off for treating him like a kid. Simeon wrote his resolution quickly.

Always reach out to (Y/n) and help in every way possible.

Luke

"I can do it on my own, Simeon! I'm not a child so stop treating me like one!" Luke complained causing Simeon to laugh. You laughed at his little antics before going to sit down.

Learn new recipes? Oh, how about learning 500 recipes this year? Luke thought to himself. He hummed a tune while tapping in marker on the table. He looked around the room, seeing everyone looking at you. He narrowed his eyes, I need to protect Y/n from all of them. None of them were good enough for his friend and adopted sibling.

Protect (Y/n) from those demons and...Simeon and...Solomon

Contently smiling to himself, he looked at the card. Simeon being curious tried to peep at it. "H-hey! (Y/n) said that we don't have to share if we don't want to" He protested and took his cap off and hid the card inside it.

Solomon

"Ah! It's been so long since I've done something like this. Thank you for reminding me something like this" Solomon smiled and felt his heart flutter when you returned the smile.

He took off the marker's cap and wrote it down on the card. After finishing, he cast a spell on the card. Well, it was a stroke of good luck sorta charm, to make his wish come true, he wanted it to come true.

Make (Y/n) happy and make'em smile.

...

Ps: I really appreciate all the regular readers. Thank you all for your votes and reads, they mean a lot to me <3 Do vote and yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Laterz :)