The Dead Speaks

The fire was alive and scorched the night sky with a bright color of death. It began to circle around the older sorcerer and after one step, him and his partner in crime became separated by the rings of wild fire.

"Haru!"

"Stay back! And don't get too close to the fire!" His eyes dashed at every corner. Where could the spirit be hiding? He made sure he had his sword ready with Tora's tail tangled around his leg briefly before planting her feet to the side.

"Honey." It was a tone clear but full of fear. Chills shivered her spine when she felt the spirit's finger tapping her shoulder from behind so playfully. She can feel a grin stretch out of the corner of his lips as she held a tearful stare fixated on her husband. A single tear cascades her cheek.

"I-I'm so scared."

"No. No, no, no. Leave her alone!" He runs close to the fire. He doesn't care if it burns him. "Please, don't kill her! PLEASE! Kill me instead."

The spirit rolls an eye.

"You humans are so predictable. I could've sworn I've heard those words over and over again from every victim I come across with." An amused gesture exchanges from his annoyed impression.

He exasperates a hand before speaking again,

"It's always 'take me instead!' or 'please, we have a family'. Please, like I care! Everyone dies in time."

A bright orange hums through his finger tip.

"Observe."

"No!"

"Haru.."

He looks at her and the image of her turns blurriness from his own tears.

"Take care of Tamaki, Haru. Please. I love you so much, both of you."

Her entire body engulfs in fire and her screams shake the room, a blood curling screech echoing the room as the spirit laughed. Haru crashed down the floor in complete lost, screaming too  of his lungs before losing his voice. He felt like he was in hell. And it was. A hell that repeated itself only in his dreams and he hated it every moment of his life from that day on.

Since that day,

Haru Hatsumi would seek revenge.

A knock is heard at the other side of his door and his eyes cracked open, welcoming him back to reality. He turned to the digital clock on his drawer and cursed himself to see it was past nine . That's too late for him. He rubbed the back of his head before heaving his upper body up from the bed. His mirror reflecting back the sight of his naked, muscled chest.

He sighed when he heard the door knock again.

"Coming!"

"Oh? Are you now?"

"Oh shut up, Mei Mei."

She laughed on the other side and he opened the door. Mei Mei was in her sorcerer outfit, braid to the side of her shoulder. Her purple lips widen before she leaned her back to the door frame.

"Shame. I was going invite myself to do the same."

He chuckles and leans down to her, face meeting hers before pressing his lips against hers. She took it in, despite the bad morning breath, further continuing with a tongue slipping in his mouth. He moaned sweetly and she laughed against the kiss.