Chapter 24. The Masked Man

Third person POV

The group finally met Kokuo, who then chose Shikamaru as his holder. Now that they met each other, gathering six of the tailed beasts including Kurama and Shukaku, they still have three more to go. Kakashi checked the map that they marked before and pointed to their next stop.

"Our next stop, Shimokagure. Land of Frost."

Yamato placed his thumb and index finger under his chin and nodded. "That's right. Rokubi is there right now, waiting for us to come."

Kokuo who poofed into a smaller horse and laid himself in Shikamaru's arms to rest. He looked up and spoke with a smile.

"Saiken huh? I can't wait to meet the rest."

Shikamaru brushed Kokuo's fur, soothing him and said, "Kokuo, rest for a bit. We still got time."

Naruto closed his eyes, expanding his senses to find Saiken, in Shimo, a brown slug was sliding around the snowy ground and rolled himself up underneath a leaf. He also sensed Naruto was trying to find him and called out to him.

"Naruto? Kurama?"

"We're coming to find you, Saiken! We'll see you in a day or two!"

Saiken lit up with a smile and nodded his head repeatedly. "Really!? I can't wait to see you guys soon!"

"Take care Saiken! See you soon!" Kurama added and they cut off the mind link.

Naruto was pretty excited to meet Saiken that his tails wagged furiously, he looked at Kurama with a big grin and hugged him tightly in his arms.

"Three more left, Kurama! We can do this!"

"O-Of course kit! Those Akatsuki guys are going down!" Kurama smirked evilly and placed his paws on Naruto's cheeks.

Kakashi ruffled the blonde's golden locks with a soft smile and said, "Good. Let's rest here for the time being since it's already late. We'll continue our journey tomorrow morning, alright?"

"Hai! Kakashi sensei!"

Night fell, the group stayed behind where they found Kokuo in the beautiful area that had a huge waterfall. The tailed beasts playfully swam in the river while the group joined with them.

Kurama hopped out from Shukaku's back and pounced onto him with a splash. Shukaku went under water for a few seconds then popped his head out of the water glaring at him.

"Oi Kurama! That's not fair!"

"Seems like Kurama likes to bully Shukaku huh?" Kokuo chuckled as he soaked into the water gently.

Son Goku cheeky grinned and splashed water over to Kokuo. "You won't be safe here, Kokuo! You're gonna get wet either way! AHAHAH!"

"Tch! Take that Son Goku!" Kokuo went out and splashed water back to Son Goku.

Gyuki waved his tails around and yelled. "Let the battle commence!"

It ended up everyone got caught into the battle and no one won because they wouldn't let one of them win over the other so it ended up a tie. The tailed beasts curled up together cozily wrapping their tails with each other and slept. Kakashi and Yamato sat under the tree leaned back to take a nap and then they agreed to take turns to stay up patrolling the area.