Chapter 8. The Chunin Exams (Part 2)

One week later...

Naruto's POV

Today's the finals! During the one week period, I enhanced my abilities even more. Jiraiya was impressed at my learning speed. He said I might even surpass him too. But I still think I have a lot more to learn.

Sasuke, Shikamaru, Neji, Shino, Gaara, Kankuro, Temari, Kinuta Dosu, Sai and I were in the waiting area.

My arms were on the handrail of the arena. The arena was packed, chattering noises could be heard and they were anticipated of our matches.

I gulped as I glanced the whole arena. Damn, there's a lot of people...

"Kit, calm down! You're gonna be okay!" Kurama said assuring me.

"But...but there's a lot of people watching us dattebayo!" I whispered softly.

I felt two arms wrapped around my shoulders.

"Hey Dobe, you scared?" Sasuke stared at me with a smirk on his face.

I pouted and said, "Of course not, Sasuke Teme!"

"Troublesome. You better not be, Naruto. I look forward to your match." Shikamaru said lazily.

I looked at him with determination on my face. "Hai~"

The three walked over to find Neji, Shino, Gaara and Sai. Sai was the first one to notice me. I noticed when I walked towards them, their ears perked up and tails wagged furiously. I wonder why?

"Hey guys, what are you talking about dattebayo?" I asked the four of them.

Sai smiled and said, "Nothing, I was talking how I want to touch yo-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Neji hit his head.

"Oi Sai, you okay?" I wanted to comfort him but Shino pulled my hand.

"Yup, he's fine. Don't worry about him."

The other boys snickered. I don't understand so I shrugged.

"We're just talking about who will be matched up to fight against each other." Neji stated while folding his arms.

Shikamaru nodded and spoke. "We'll know later but the same as you, I couldn't help but curious about it."

When we're still discussing about it, a voice shouted at us.

"Hey guys! Gambatte!"

We turned to the voice, it was Kiba. He stood up waving at us, Akamaru barked at us. I smiled and waved back at him.

"Ahem. I am Shiranui Genma. The proctor of the finals. The finals begins now."

A big screen was shown to everyone, two names were appeared on the screen.

"First round: Uzumaki Naruto versus Hyuga Neji!"

The whole crowd applauded and screamed. Now this is interesting.

Neji patted my shoulders. "Never thought I would be the one to fight you. Let's go down there."

I smiled at him. "You're a tough opponent but I'll give my best shot."

Neji took my hand and we jumped down together. We walked to the ground and stood opposite each other. Genma sensei glanced at us and held out his hand.

"Begin!"

I grinned and did handseals.

Cross.