Chapter 4. The Secret

The Next Day

Naruto's POV

When I got back to school, I greeted the guys at the back row. All of us are going to have missions tomorrow so it will be the last day of ninja school today. Iruka was really proud of us that tears rolled down his cheeks.

When Iruka was patting my head congratulating me, I saw Gaara sitting next to his sister Temari and brother Kankuro. I went up to them and said, "Temari, Kankuro, may I borrow Gaara for awhile?"

Temari and Kankuro was happy since I was the first friend that Gaara had. They smiled at me and said, "Sure! See you later Otouto!"

Gaara looked back to them and gave them a tiny wave. We sat down on the third row.

Temari and Kankuro looked at each other and chuckled.

"What's the matter, Naru?" Gaara questioned me.

I sighed and looked at him with worry.

"Gaa kun, can we go and find Tsunade kaa san after school? We need to talk about 'that'."

Gaara was shooked, making his tail and ears straightened up but he couldn't show it on his face. He simply nodded and said, "Okay Naru. I'll need to tell my sister and brother."

He stood up and walked to his siblings, informing them. I slumped back to the chair and pinched the bridge of my nose. We should better talk about this with Tsunade kaa san.

Meanwhile...

Third person POV

The lazy boy and the raven boy stared at the fox boy. They were thinking about the secrets he was hiding.

"Oi! Shikamaru! Sasuke! What are you two looking at?" Kiba said as he turned to the same direction as the two. Neji, Sai and Shino also did the same thing.

Their eyes landed on that particular kitsune boy.

Kiba smirked and said, "I have to admit that he is much more cuter after having fox ears and a tail."

Shikamaru and Sasuke snapped out their thoughts and glared at him.

Sai smiled as he looked at Naruto. "It really suits him."

Neji folded his arms and added. "Couldn't agree more but after he had his fox appearance, he changed a lot since then."

Shikamaru thought for awhile and asked Neji.

"Neji, can you activate your Byakugan? I need to check on something."

Neji raised one his eyebrows but still agreed to do so.

"Byakugan!"

Neji activated his Byakugan. His pupils become more distinct and the veins near his temples bulge as he focused on Naruto beside Gaara. He widened his eyes when he saw something unbelievable.

"What? That's weird." Neji furrowed his eyebrows as he undid his Byakugan and looked at them.

The rest of them were confused.

"Neji, what did you see?" Shino said as he fixed his sunglasses.

Neji glanced at the boys and said, "His whole body was coated with chakra. Gaara's too."

Shino stared at the kitsune boy and the raccoon boy. "That must be tiring for them. They had to use chakra for a whole day."

The spiky haired boy went into his thinking stance. 'Why did Naruto had to coat himself with chakra? But even Gaara too? Hmm... There must be something linked between the two of them.'