Chapter 8. The Chunin Exams (Part 1)

The Next Day...

Naruto's POV

I woke up early to prepare myself. I changed into my new clothes, tied my hitaite losely around my neck and stared at myself in the mirror. Hehe! I can move easier and look more brand new!

"Hey kit. Go and kick some butts in the Chunin exams!" Kurama chortled inside me.

"Is this your way of encouraging me, Kurama?" I chuckled.

"Naruto! Come down and have breakfast!" Iruka yelled from downstairs.

"Hai~" I ran down stairs quickly. When I saw Iruka, I stood proudly and showed off my new outfit. Iruka saw it and chuckled.

"It fits you well! Now come on sit down and eat!"

I sat down beside him and we ate our breakfast. Iruka smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Good luck in your Chunin exams Naruto! Do your best out there!"

"Of course Iruka sensei! I will become Hokage one day!" I showed him my usual grin.

We finished breakfast, I henged and headed the Exam venue. I saw Shikamaru and Sasuke in front of the door. I ran up to them and patted their shoulders.

"Shikamaru, Sasuke!" I smiled and looked at them.

They saw me and widened their eyes. They both blushed a bit.

"So you decided to abandon your orange jumpsuit huh Dobe?" Sasuke asked.

"Yea...Godfather Jiraiya said they're slowing my moves." I stared down to look at my clothes.

Shikamaru chuckled and ruffled my head. "You look better in these clothes."

I sparkled and hugged Shikamaru. "Hehe~ Thanks Shika!"

I don't know why but Sasuke pulled me away from Shikamaru and hugged me back. I stared at him in confusion. He blushed and released me.

"Let's go, we don't want to be late right?" Sasuke started walking away.

I turned to look at Shikamaru and shrugged. Then we followed him. We arrived in front of a classroom. There stood two Konoha shinobis in front of the door. Also the classroom plate was a bit strange. Isn't those two...

"Izumo sensei, Kotetsu sensei. Why are you two in a henge? This isn't the venue for the exams right? " I was confused.

They both stared at me looking surprised. They undid their henge.

"Naruto, you could look through our henge? Good job!" Izumo smiled.

Kotetsu pointed to the stairs and said, "We're here to discourage you guys not to take the exams but you could see through our henge and genjutsu. Go to the next floor."

The three of us highfived and went to the next floor. Izumo and Kotetsu looked at each other with amused looks.

"It seems the candidates this year are really interesting." Kotetsu folded his arms and smiled.

"Couldn't agree more, Kotetsu." Izumo smirked.

When the three of us got to the classroom, every shinobi turned to look at us. I had a bad feeling in this room but I shook that thought off. We headed to our group of friends.

Kiba was the first to notice us. The rest also turned to look at us. They were also speechless when they saw my outfit.

"Wow, Naruto. What happened to you?" Kiba wrapped his arms around my neck.