Chapter Four

~FLASHBACK (CONTINUED)~
Five minutes later, the Paw Patrol arrived at the scene. A two-story building was up in flames. “Marshall, I need you to start taking out the flames. Zuma, go to the bay and start bringing buckets of water. Rocky, I need you to use columns and other things to prevent the building from collapsing. Rubble and Everest, keep bystanders away from the building. Skye, I need you to be our eye in the sky. Look through windows and see if you can see anyone. Chase, come with me to take everyone trapped inside out of the building.”

“On it, Ryder,” all the dogs said as they all got to work. Chase drove his cruiser to the back and entered through the back door while Ryder entered from the front. They went room to room, looking for trapped people. They found three people in one room, two others and a dog in another room, and a woman in a room on the top floor. They took them outside and took care of them.

“Marshall, how is fire control going?’ Ryder asked.

“I’m still on it,” Marshall replied. “The fire seems to be growing the more I take out.”

“Don’t quit. Skye, do you see anyone else?”

“No, Ryder, they seem to all be out,” Skye replied.

“Rocky, how’s the building holding?”

“It’s stable for now, but I don't it won’t last for long,” he replied.

“Espera (Wait),” a woman said. She ran towards Ryder and Chase frantically. “Mi hija, Cynthia, todavia esta alla adentro (My daughter, Cynthia, is still up there).”

“Ryder, she’s saying her daughter is still in there,” Chase translated.

“You speak Spanish?” Skye asked. 

“I learned it a while back,” Chase said. “Thought it would be useful to talk with Tracker and Carlos. But that doesn’t matter right now.” He looked back at the woman. “Señora, donde esta su hija (Ma’am, where is your daughter)?”

Estaba en el segundo piso can su amiga. Su amiga salio del edificio pero ella no. Por favor salvenla (She was on the second floor with a friend of hers. Her friend got out of the building but she didn’t. Please save her).”

No se preocupe, yo me seguro que salga (Don’t worry, I will make sure she makes it out).” Chase looked back at Ryder. “She’s on the second floor.”

“Well, then let’s go get her,” Ryder said. Chase and Ryder entered the building and were about to go upstairs when they heard a woman scream on the first floor. Ryder and Chase looked at each other.

“You heard that too?” Ryder asked.

Chase nodded. “You get her and I will get the girl.”

Ryder nodded. “Good luck,” he said before he disappeared into the hallway. Chase ran up the stairs and started calling out for the girl. “Cynthia!” he called out. “Vengo a sacarte. Donde estas (I come to get you out of here, where are you)?!”

Aca estoy (I’m over here)!?” the little girl yelled. 

Chase followed her voice and found her hiding in a corner. “Vamos con tu mama (Let’s go with your mom),” Chase told her.

Cynthia slowly got up and followed Chase towards the stairs. Chase was going to take her down but Cynthia told him that saw another man inside the building. Chase told her how to get and went to look for the last person.

“Chase, Cynthia made it out,” Ryder said. “Where are you?”

“She said that she saw someone else in here,” Chase explained. “I’m going to get them out.”