Chapter Ten

It had been two hours since Ryder returned to the Lookout. Ryder, Chase, and Skye had fallen asleep on the couch, waiting for the others to return from the clinic. When Rocky, Zuma, and Rubble arrived at the Lookout. They were surprised to see them asleep.

"We're back," Rubble called out loud enough to wake them up.

Skye was the first to wake up. She sat up straight and looked at Chase and Ryder. They were still asleep, so she shook Chase. They woke up and yawned. Seeing them yawned made the others yawn as well. After realizing what happened, they laughed.

"How was the clinic?" Ryder asked.

"Oh, it was amazing," Rubble said.

"Speak for yourself," Rocky said. "Still don't like baths."

Chase laughed. "Some things never change, I guess. By the way, where's Marshall."

"Oh, he went to pick up..." Rubble started when Zuma nudged him. "I mean, we'll see him at the party. He had something to do first."

Chase found that odd. What are they hiding from me about Marshall, he thought. He didn't say anything about it, though. "So when does the party start?"

Ryder looked down at his watch. "It started roughly fifteen minutes ago," he replied.

"Should we get going then?" Skye asked.

"Yeah, let's get going," Ryder said.

Ryder and the others got into their vehicles. Since Skye's helicopter still needed to be repaired, she rode with Chase. They drove down to City Hall, where the party was taking place.

Even though the party was barely starting, the entire place was packed. Round tables circled two rectangular tables. Most of the tables were full, except the middle one. Mayor Goodway Jake, and Chickaletta, sat at the table.

"I'm guessing that's where we're sitting, huh?" Chase asked.

"I guess so," Ryder said.

Before making it to the table, they passed all the other tables to greet their friends. Most of them hugged Chase and told him that they were glad that he wasn't dead. Alex hugged Chase and didn't let go for a solid two minutes. When Alex let go of Chase, they made their way to the main table.

"So glad you could all make it," Mayor Goodway. "Especially you, Chase."

Chase smiled awkwardly. "I really didn't need this party, Mayor Goodway.

Mayor Goodway swatted away the remark. "Nonsense, Chase. It's not every day a hero returns from the dead. This situation is truly a reason to celebrate."

"Totally," Jake said. "I'm so stoked that you're not dead."

Chase and the others sat down, facing each other. Ryder, Skye, Chase, Mayor Goodway, and Jake sat on one side while Zuma, Rocky, and Rubble sat across from them. Chase noticed that between Rocky and Rubble, directly across from Chase, three seats were empty. "Why are those seats empty?"

Jake smiled. "Everest and Marshall aren't back yet."

"But why is there..." Chase's question was interrupted by a waiter who appeared behind him.

"Hello, everyone," she said. Chase turned around and noticed that it was Katie. "Katie," he said.

Katie hugged Chase. "How have you been, Chase?"

"I have been good, Katie," Chase replied. "What about you?"

"Good," Katie replied. "I have been pretty busy with the clinic recently, but other than that, I'm good. So what can I get for you today." Everyone looked over the menus and chose their meals. Chase, Ryder, Jake, and Rocky decided on a steak, Mayor Goodway, Skye, and Zuma chose Spaghetti and Meatballs, and Rubble chose half of both. They all chose their choice of drinks as well. "Okay, it will be right out," Katie said as she finished writing it down.

"Thank you," Chase said.

After she left, Mayor Goodway asked the first question. "Chase, if it's not too personal, why did you leave in the first place?" Everyone else looked at him. Ryder and Skye already knew, but they wanted to hear it again. Chase laughed. "Third time in one day? It all started when I noticed the smell of something burning."

"I hope you're not starting without us," Marshall interrupted.

Chase smiled at his brother. "Well, where have you been?"

"Had to do something first," Marshall replied. He sat down in the middle of the three empty seats.

"I heard," Chase commented. "Something to do with Everest?" He expected Marshall to blush, but Marshall just shrugged.

"Yeah," Marshall admitted. Noticing Chase's confused face made Marshall realize something. "Oh, no one told you." Marshall looked around the table, and everyone shook their heads.

"Tell me what?" Chase asked.

Everest sat down to the right of Marshall. "Marshall and I are together now."

"Really?" Chase asked, dumbfounded. "When did that happen?"

"Five years ago," Marshall replied. "It was actually on the day of your funeral. The day I lost my brother was also the day I won the love of my life." Everest giggled and kissed Marshall on the cheek.

"I am happy for you guys," Chase said. "Wow, so much has changed since I left. There is so much I am barely finding out about."

Marshall laughed. "You haven't seen anything left."

Katie appeared behind Marshall and Everest. "Hi, Marshall and Everest."

"Hey, Katie," they said in unison.

"What can I get you to eat?"

"Can I get a large steak, please?" Marshall asked.

"Of course, Marshall," Katie said. "What about you, Everest?"

"Can I get spaghetti and meatballs, please? And can I also get a smaller plate with spaghetti and meatballs?" Everest asked.

Katie wrote the orders down. "Of course," she said. "It will be out in a few minutes."

After she left, Chase asked Everest, "Why did you order two plates of spaghetti?"

Before Everest could answer, Chase heard a tiny "Woah" from behind. He turned around and saw a small pup staring at him. "You're big," the small canine said. The dog had long hair, which was white and covered with black spots, like puffs of smoke. He had blue eyes and a black nose. Black circles surrounded his eyes. "Are you a German Shepherd?"

"That's correct," Chase said.

"Are you part of the Paw Patrol?"

"Yes, I am."

"Are you a police dog?"

"Yep."

"Is that why you look so big and strong?"

"I guess so."

"Are you my Uncle Chase?"

This question caught Chase by surprise. "I'm sorry, what was that?" He looked at Marshall, who just smiled, trying to hold in a laugh at Chase's confused face.

"Chase, I want you to meet Ash, your nephew. He's my son."

***Author's Note***
I am dedicating this chapter and chapter five to Wfelici. Thank you for your support and have a great day.