Chapter Fifteen

"How did you find them?" Chase asked.

"Well, ever since you left, I have been using your drone for missions. I somewhat got the hang of it," Rocky replied. "Anyway, I used them to follow the hoof prints of the pigs. I followed them north in the woods."

Farmer Al put his hands on his head. "There's a ravine up in those woods," he commented.

"And they found that out," Rocky continued. "They climbed down into the ravine and couldn't climb back up."

"Then let's go get them!" Farmer Al said.

"Wait," Ryder said. "The pig pen is not ready yet."

"But the longer we wait, the more likely the pigs are to fall."

"What if I go?" Chase asked. "I can bring them back."

"Can we trust you, though?" Rocky said.

"Rocky," Ryder said.

"No, he's right," Chase responded. "I have to prove that you guys can trust me."

"Okay," Ryder said. "Go."

Chase nodded and ran off to his vehicle, jumped in, and started the engine. Chase drove towards the wood and vanished into the trees. Once he got close to the cliff, he stopped the car and hopped out, running towards the edge. Chase looked over the edge and searched for the pigs.

"Where did you see them?" Chase asked Rocky through the pup tag.

"You're pretty far," Rocky replied. "Follow the drone."

Before Chase could ask about it, he heard the siren from the drone. He turned around to see his old drone. He smiled at the camera and said, "lead the way." The drone turned to its right and went forward, with Chase following close behind.

"So, you don't trust Chase yet," Ryder asked Rocky.

Rocky sighed. "I don't know, Ryder," he confessed. "It's tough. I don't know if he's as capable as he was when he left."

Ryder thought about it. He knows Chase said that he wanted to gain their trust on his own, but Ryder decided that Chase could use a little help. "Make the drone go faster."

"What?" Rocky asked.

"Do it," Ryder ordered. Rocky did as Ryder told him. He made the drone go faster. Chase picked up the pace to stay with the drone. No matter how fast the drone went, Chase stayed close.

Ryder noticed that at one point, the ravine was not as wide as the rest. "Go to the other side," he said to the mixed breed. Rocky obeyed. He crossed the ravine.

"Chase, how are you holding up?" Ryder asked.

"Small challenge," Chase said, breathing heavily. "Still got more in me." 

Chase noticed the small area of the ravine as well. He ran faster and jumped over the gap to the other side. He slid for a second but kept ongoing.

The drone stopped, and Chase slowed down as well. He looked over the edge and noticed three pigs and one piglet. "Okay, I see them," Chase panted. "But they're on the other side."

"My bad," Rocky said.

"Don't worry about it," Chase said. He took a few steps back. "I'll handle it. He ran up to the ravine and jumped off the edge. The place where he was standing broke off the side of the cliff and fell into the river below.

Chase rolled onto the other side, unscathed. "Chase, are you okay?" Ryder asked.

"Nothing I haven't done before," Chase commented. That made Ryder and Rocky smile, seeing Chase's confidence. 

Chase looked down at the pigs. He figured that there were at least twenty feet from him and them. "Okay, I got an idea," Chase said. He turned around to look at the trees. Luckily, the closest tree to him was the largest. The lowest branch seemed to be strong enough to support a lot of weight. 

"Ruff, grappling hook," Chase called out. A box appeared out of his pup pack, and a grappling hook shot out. The grappling hook wrapped itself around the branch and attached to itself. He pulled on the rope, and it felt secure. Chase then ran over the cliff and jumped off. The rope secured itself, and Chase lowered in a controlled manner. 

Once he got to where the pigs were, he called out his harness. Chase strapped one of the pigs to the gear. None of the pigs were full-grown, so the harness had no problem pulling them up. Chase got the three oldest pigs first. "Okay, the three oldest pigs are secure," Chase said. "Now, the only one left is the piglet."

Chase climbed back down. But once he got down and attacked the piglet to the harness, the three other pigs looked over the edge, moving the rope. Chase noticed that the friction of the line against the sharp rock edge was tearing it. "Please back up," Chase said with his megaphone.

The pigs reluctantly backed up, and Chase climbed as quickly as possible with the piglet on his back. The roped ripped as Chase put his front paws over the edge.

"Chase!" Ryder said.

"It's okay," Chase grunted. He hauled himself up and breathed in relief when he made it up. "Okay," Chase said. "We're coming back."

Rocky, Ryder, and Farmer Al cheered as Chase drove up. As he drove, he was making pig noises through the megaphone to have the pigs follow him. He led them to their pen and walked out once they were inside, closing the gate behind him.

"Thank you so much, Paw Patrol," Farmer Al praised. "I don't know what I would've done without you."

"No worries, Farmer Al," Ryder said. "Whenever you're in trouble." Ryder, Rocky, and Chase said goodbye to the farmer and his animals as they left for the Lookout.

When they got there, Marshall and Skye were waiting for them at the door. The sun had started to set on the horizon."How did it go?" Marshall asked.

"It went great," Rocky said before Chase and Ryder could mutter a single word. He explained how Ryder told him to make the drone go faster and how Ryder said to go to the other side of the ravine.

Chase looked over at Ryder. Ryder noticed and shrugged. "A little help," he whispered, not to interrupt Rocky's story.

Thank you, Chase mouthed. He was grateful for the help, even though he asked for none.

"Anyway," Rocky said as he finished his story. "I was proved that I should have trusted Chase from the beginning." He turned to Chase. "I'm sorry, Chase."

"Don't be," Chase said. "This is how we learn. I'm glad you trust me. I only have to convince Zuma and Rubble that they can still trust me."

"You will," Ryder said, scratching behind Chase's head. "But for now, rest. We have a big day tomorrow." 

***Author’s Note***
I am dedicating this chapter to luciferandchloe2021. Thank you for your support and have a great day.