Chapter Eleven

Chase didn't know what to say. He looked down at the pup and back at Marshall repeatedly. "You're a dad?" he asked at last.

Everyone at the table. "Correction," Everest said. "He's the greatest dad ever."

Marshall laughed. "Thanks, Ev, but I'm nowhere near the greatest dad ever. I still have a lot to learn."

"How old is he?" Chase asked. He looked over at where Ash was a second ago, but he wasn't there. He looked around and found him sitting to the left of his father.

"Ash, how old are you?" Marshall asked. He knew his age already, but he wanted to know if the pup knew.

"Um, four?" Ash asked slowly. Marshall nodded, and Ash smiled, satisfied with himself.

"Awesome," Chase said. "I'm so happy for you, Marshall."

"Thanks, Chase," Marshall said.

The group continued about what happened in the past five years as they ate their food. Mayor Goodway won the election for mayor again, Jake was titled "Nation's Best Snowboarder" two years in a row, and Zuma won a surfboarding contest (not the same as my other book). Chase told them how he became a laborer, working wherever they needed, whether as a lifeguard, search team, delivery, traffic control, whatever it was, he was on the case.

"Were you the only one that did it?" Skye asked.

"At first, I was," Chase said. "But after the first few weeks, I started hearing about others inspired to do the same. They felt the need to do good in the city."

"My goodness, Chase," Mayor Goodway. "You sincerely are a role model wherever you go." The others nodded in agreement.

"Oh, come on, guys," Chase said. "All of us are role models."

They began talking about old missions they had together. They talked about the Mighty Pups, Dino Pups, Mission Paw, Ultimate Missions, and Adventure City.

"That just reminded me," Chase said. "Has anyone told our friends outside of town that I'm still alive?" He looked around the table, and no one said anything. They had forgotten to share the news with Adventure City. "Don't sweat it," Chase said, noticing them starting to feel guilty. "We'll tell them first thing in the morning."

"Alright, everyone," the assistant mayor, a woman with brown hair and a red dress, announced. "First, I would like to take a moment to celebrate the hero who returned, Chase from the Paw Patrol." Cheering and applause roared as Chase waved at everyone awkwardly. He didn't like that much attention. He just wanted to have fun. "Secondly, I would like to announce that the games for the night will start shortly. That is all. Thank you, and don't forget to have fun."

Chase stood up. "Well, I don't know about you guys," Chase said, "but I'm in the mood to play some games. Who wants to join me?" Everyone at the table except for Everest and Ash got up.

For the rest of the party, they played many different games. They played Tug-o'-war, mirror game, Pup pup Boogie, and many more. After the games, everyone was tired out, and they sat down to relax. They talked a bit more until the assistant mayor announced that the party was coming to an end. They finished their conversation and got up to leave.

Ash had fallen asleep in the middle of the party. "I'll take him to the Lookout with me," Marshall said.

Everest kissed him. "That's why you're the best dad ever."

The Paw Patrol said goodbye to Jake, Everest, and Mayor Goodway as they departed from the party. When they got to the Lookout, it was one in the morning.

"Alright, everyone," Ryder said. "Time to go to sleep." They all said goodnight to each other. Since Marshall had Ash with him, they slept in the guest room. Marshall's puphouse was too small for them, and Ash was slightly claustrophobic.

The following morning, Chase was the first to wake up. He woke up all the other dogs, and they went into the kitchen and ate breakfast. After that, Chase went on his daily jog. After the jog, he, Skye, Marshall, Ash, and Ryder went up to the top floor.

"Who should we tell first?" Ryder asked.

"Let's go with Adventure City," Chase replied.

"Got it," Ryder called Liberty.

Liberty answered immediately. "Hey, Ryder," Liberty said. "Look, I know that I should have called yesterday, but I was so busy that I didn't have time."

Ryder laughed. "It's fine, Liberty. Where are you now?"

"Oh, I'm at Carmen's store," Liberty replied. "Carmen and Marty Muckraker are here with me."

"Hi, Ryder," Carmen and Marty said at the same time.

"Hi, guys," Ryder said as he waved. "And Liberty, I didn't call about yesterday."

"You didn't?"

"No, I called to show you something," Ryder replied.

"Ooh, what is it?" Liberty asked.

"Um, more like who is it?"

"Is it the newest member of the Paw Patrol?"

"Actually, it's the first member of the Paw Patrol."

"Okay, now you confused me," Liberty said. "I thought the first member was..."

"Me?" Chase said as he came into view.

"Chase?!" Liberty, Carmen, and Marty said at the same time.

"Yeah, it's me. How's it going?"

"We thought you died," Carmen said.

"Yeah, it's a long story," Chase said.

"Well, long stories make great stories," Marty said. "I'm going to you ASAP."

"Yeah, I'm going too," Liberty said.

"Me too," Carmen said. "Ah que emoción, no puedo creer que esté vivo. Mis oraciones fueron contestados..." Carmen started going on in Spanish. Before Chase or anyone could say anything, they hung up.

"Well," Chase said. "That was new." They all laughed.

Ryder then called the Princess of Barkingburg and told her the news. "Ah, what joy, I can't believe that he's alive."

"He's alive?!" Sweetie said. "Uh, I mean, he's alive." Sweetie tried to hide it, but she had felt sad when she heard that Chase died. The last time Sweetie and the Paw Patrol saw each other, they all fought on the same side, and she felt more connected to the Paw Patrol. When she heard the news of his death, it felt like losing a friend to her.

"We will throw a party in his name," the Princess announced.

"A party isn't necessary, your Highness," Chase said.

The Princess thought about it. "You are correct, sir Chase," she said. "A parade is much more appropriate."

"That's not what..."

"Well, I have to get going, so much to plan, goodbye," the Princess said as she hung up.

After that, Ryder called Rex, Wild Cat, the Mighty Twins, and many more friends to tell them the news. It took most of the day, but the word was out. Chase was alive.

Ryder got a call on his pup pad. "Ryder here," he answered.

"Ryder," Mayor Goodway said. I need help at City Hall.

***Author's Note***
I am dedicating this chapter to 2777emilia. Thank you for your support and have a great day.