two.

he looked up to the wall clock, it was already nine pm, he leaned back on his chair as a heavy sigh escaped his lips. it's already been a few weeks since he replaced his father as ceo in the lee company—his father's company to be exact.

it wasn't exhausting for him, to be honest. for him it was very easy, he's the type of person that likes to order people around, it pleases him, to say the least.

the sound of his phone going off caused him to flinch on his spot, he picked up the device to see who was calling him, "oh, dad?"

"mark!" his father greeted him on the other side of the phone, "how are you, my son?"

"i'm doing good, dad." mark replies, as he stood up from his seat and started cleaning his desk.

"that's great to hear," mark only nods to himself as a response, "well i called cause i wanted to ask if you finally got yourself a secretary..."

here's this topic again, mark thought to himself. he didn't bother to reply and only waits for his father to continue what he was going to say, "i know a great ceo needs one."

"hm... i don't think i need one," he pauses, "i'm going to be a ceo in this company for five months, and then you'll be back here, right?"

the only reason why he's in this position right now is because of his father who went away from his position for a few months and needed someone to lead the company while he's away, why would he need a secretary?

"we will never know." his father plainly said.

mark didn't think anything about his father's reply and just bid him goodbye. he hang up the phone and took his coat and hangs it in his arms. not forgetting to take his phone with him, he made his way out of his office and out of the building.

honestly, he wanted something warm inside his stomach since the atmosphere felt cold than it was before.

now finding himself inside the parking lot, he took out his car keys before quickly starting the vehicle.

there are a lot of coffee shops and restaurants near, not too close to their building but also not too far, it was just a few blocks away so he decided to head there with an empty stomach.

he checks the time and saw that it's almost a quarter to ten, he's not sure if there are still some open coffee shops but he'll see.

when he finally saw a cafe that has a decent amount of lights lit, he assumes they were still open. he parked his car just outside of the shop and grabbed his jacket and phone along with his wallet before jumping off his car.

pushing the glass door of the shop, he headed straight to the counter where there's a figure standing with his back facing him, "we're close now!" he ignored the voice, "oh sorry, we're already closed—"

"one latte please, hurry." he plainly said before fishing his phone out of his pocket and massages his neck with his other hand.

"i'm sorry, but we can't serve you any coffees right now since we're already closed—"

he finally lifts his gaze to take a look at the person in front of him, as he raised his brows, "i'm mark lee."