thirty-one.

donghyuck has no idea how it got to this point, but here he is standing in between doyoung and his ceo as he fiddled nervously with his fingers.

no words were said for what seemed like forever. doyoung is just standing with his head hung low while mark gave him the most intimidating stare donghyuck has ever seen.

"mr. lee, i don't think it's that serious." donghyuck finally broke the ice between them, as he rubs the older's shoulders in attempt to calm him.

mark tilts his head, pulling himself together before exhaling heavily, "how can you come up with something like that?"

"i-i just thought nothing when i lied to donghyuck about it..." with his head still looking down at the floor, he continues, "i apologize mr. lee, i'm aware that's very unprofessional."

it's about what he said to donghyuck in the call.

donghyuck felt the same thing. he thought doyoung lying to him about the whole agreement with the moon company was just nothing. he wasn't expecting mark would react like this.

"i'm asking how can you come up with that?" the ceo repeated firmly, his voice getting higher than before.

"mr. lee..." the secretary calls out to the ceo again, as he tries to catch his sight.

mark ran his fingers through his hair as he averts his stare down to his boyfriend. and almost instantly, his gaze softens once he met eyes with the younger.

his hand reached down to donghyuck's sides, before slowly making its way around his waist, rubbing it up and down. he nods his head, to reassure him that he's calm, "donghyuck, baby, can you get me coffee for a second?"

without hesitating, donghyuck nodded his head as a yes, thinking that maybe coffee could calm him down.

as he marched towards the door, doyoung's eyes follows the male until he was out of their sight. once he knew donghyuck is nowhere around them, he immediately darted his eyes on the superior with widened eyes and furrowed brows.

"baby?" doyoung questioned as his mouth fell open.

"hey, don't try to change the topic!" mark warns, "you still haven't answered my question." 

"alright, okay, the only reason i did that is because someone accidentally eavesdropped on your conversation with donghyuck..." he paused to observe the superior's reaction.

the older's brows perked up, "and what's the conversation about?"

"it's about you complimenting donghyuck and uh—" doyoung looked around as he scratched his nape, "i kinda got the hint that you're interested in him so..."

"so you made some shit up?" mark finished the latter's sentence for him.

"i-i did that because i can already tell that both you and donghyuck has feeling for each other!" doyoung corrected the ceo, "i was just helping—i can tell it worked though."

the ceo immediately averts his gaze away as he can already feel his cheeks burning.

"what's with the face?" doyoung furrowed his brows as he squints his eyes. "did it actually work? did something happen?"