twenty-nine.

donghyuck still hasn't had the energy to get out the bed ever since that incident when he went to mark's company. he felt regretful and ashamed all at the same time. he shouldn't have just gone inside the office without hearing a response first. he was just so eager at that time to give the paper and envelope to mark that he didn't even bother to wait that just resulted in him interrupting whatever mina and mark is doing.

he already knows mark is not too interested in the woman, yet once he saw her being so close to the superior, he just wanted to own mark right there and then.

but why should he feel this way?

those kinds of thoughts flew inside donghyuck's bed as he rolls on his bed.

his routine isn't even considered normal as it only contains him waking up when the sun is already setting and not eating a proper meal every day. 

all he does all day is wait for a response from his resignation letter but he still hasn't got any. he just hopes mark received what's in the envelope.

just then, he heard his device go off from the other side of the bed which caused him to flinch. with a groan, he picked his phone up to look at who was calling. "doyoung hyung?" he voices his thoughts before answering.

"hello?" he started softly, still trying to open his eyes.

after a few seconds, someone finally spoke on the other line, "hyuckie?" doyoung's voice greeted him.

the younger's eyes perked up, "hyung?" he asked, "y-you called...?"  donghyuck continues, but his voice gradually got smaller.

"i haven't seen you for days. i just wanted to check up on you." donghyuck heard the latter release a small chuckle on the other line, "anyways, i've heard about it."

"heard about.... it?" donghyuck repeated his words.

doyoung hummed, "you're resigning?" he plainly asks.

the younger fell silent for a few seconds before slowly nodding his head at himself, "yeah..." he trails off. that's the only words he managed to say as he knows the only reason why he's working under the company is that he owes the ceo half a million dollars because of their so-called agreement.

"is it because of sungchan?"

the younger's eyes instantly widen, "w-what? of course not!"

"i'm kidding!" doyoung quickly adds, releasing another small laugh. "i won't force you to explain your whole reason if you don't want to." he finished as he received a hum, "anyway, have you heard about what happened to mr. lee?"

donghyuck immediately frowned after hearing the question. "did something happen to him?" he eagerly waits for doyoung's reply, as he tensed up on his spot.

"i've heard he finally agreed to link the company with moon's company?" doyoung said but it came off more as a question, "and also, i think he agreed about something that has to do with mr. moon's daughter. but eh... i'm not sure."

"where's mr. lee?" he asked, avoiding what the older just told him.