seventeen.

sungchan's brows only furrowed harder as he kept looking at donghyuck's desk. he checked the time and it was already lunchtime, yet, the male was still not here.

at first, he thought donghyuck was too busy with whatever he's doing or he was in a meeting with their ceo but it seems like that's not the case.

he averted his gaze towards johnny, that is sitting beside him, and tapped his shoulder, "hyung," he started, johnny just hums, indicating that he's listening, "have you seen donghyuck?"

johnny halts on his position once he heard the younger's question that made him instantly peel his eyes off the screen. "i haven't..." he trails his words off, shaking his head. ever since this morning, he doesn't remember interacting with the male that, now, made him think.

"me too?!" sungchan exclaims, detaching his back away from his chair. "i thought he was just in a meeting or something.."

a scream suddenly interrupted them that made the two flinch on their chair as they were to engrave in their thoughts.

"lunchtime!" doyoung screamed in their ears, as he slings his arms on both of their necks. "what are you two thinking so hard?"

"hyung, have you seen donghyuck?" sungchan asks the older making the stand up and think.

he tilts his head before slowly shaking his head, "now thinking about it... i haven't seen him since this morning..." he voiced his thoughts out.

"i think, it's safe to assume that he's absent for today—or he's called in sick." johnny told, before shutting his computer.

"i agree." sungchan nodded at the older's statement before doing the same and springing himself from his seat, now intending to make his way out of their office and towards the elevator.

while the three made their way on the first floor, and to the cafeteria, doyoung butts himself in between the two giants, "should we give him a call?" he asked the two.

by now they have already occupied their seat and tables. "oh, i don't have his number, do you have it?" johnny quickly added.

that's probably a dumb suggestion because he, too, doesn't haven't donghyuck's phone number. doyoung rubbed his nape and released an awkward laugh before saying, "i don't..."

just then, they suddenly heard a phone call ring, which made their heads turn in the direction. they saw sungchan holding out his phone while waiting for someone to pick up his call.

after a few seconds, the other person on the line finally answered, "h-hello?"

all of them heard a hoarse sleepy voice on the phone. "donghyuck?" sungchan greeted, putting the call on speaker.

the two just looked at the younger with their brows furrowed, confused. "you have donghyuck's number?" johnny and doyoung unintentionally said in unison.

"oh? is that doyoung and johnny hyung?" donghyuck suddenly asks, after hearing another voice from the other line.

"oh yeah," sungchan breathes out a small laugh, "they're curious why you're not here today."