Chapter sixteen Call me when your sober

--kid's pov--
I havent moved from scar's side for a month now... But just as i was cutting Stein walked in to change the blood bag.
"Kid... She'll be fine... Stop it..." He said, my father stepping in behind him.
He wasn't wearing his mask, pain in his golden eyes.
"Son please.... Stop. We love you... You can't end your life because of a girl... Its all my fault anyway... That mission was way too hard..." He said and i snarled, feeling warmth flow down my cheeks.
"She i-isnt ju-ust a girl!" I stuttered out with a cracking voice.
"She's m-my fian-ancè-èe!!!" I grabbed her hand and sat back down in my chair, letting soft sobs escape me.
I felt a hand softly touch my shoulder.
"Son... I felt just this way when your mother passed.... But your lucky, she's immortal... She'll wake up some time..." He said and offered a small smile.
"So how about putting the razor down and helping stein take care of her?" He asked cheerfully.
I sighed, putting it in my pocket and bandaging up my arms.
"Fine..." I said softly, wiping my eyes with my sleeve.
"Also, take a shower son." My father said to me and i shook my head.
"Not until i see her eyes open and her lips move." I said, a small smile spreading across my face, remembering the feeling of her lips on mine.
I gently touched my lips with my fingertips and sighed.
"Her vitals are a bit more stable then yesterday, her heartbeat is very close to regular and all her wounds have closed, kid can you help me replace the blood bag?" Stein asked and i nodded, deattaching the needle tube from the old bag and into the new. I brushed her hair away from her face gently and smiled, her face almost seeming peacefull besides the tubes in her nose and throat.
"See? She'll wake up soon enough." Dad said and i nodded, i heard a wimper from behind me and turned around, watching a tear slide down stein's cheek.
"Then i have to g-give her away..." He said and i smiled.
"She'll be in good hands stein, i remember when she suddenly left my bragade, and she stopped playing with kiddo." My father said.
"She what...?" I asked slowly.
"You two were the best of friends! When she wasnt fighting and her parents wernt beating her to near death you two would play together in the backyard. At the time stein had no intrest in her except disection." He said and stein nodded shamefully.
"Remember when you were ten and you found a crying, bloody girl of the same age in your shed, that was scarlet. She had went insane, stabbed both her parents to death and nearly killed one of her sisters before she burned the vilage down and ran off with them. I took her in once lord death had ordered me to, and slowly grew attached. She became my only child. My daddy's little girl... And seeing her like this pains me just as much as it does you kid, so your not alone... And i wont hesitate to hand her off at your wedding... Im just happy she found a good guy..." Stein explained, more tears flowing down his cheeks.
I looked at the two, astonished, then it all came back to me.
Running around in the backyard with a little girl, her hair raven black and her eyes emerald green. She always had long clothes on and wore alot of bandages...
Then, i was ten, playing outside on my own. I heard wails and sobs coming from the tool shed i was always afraid of. I ran behind a tree and slowly approached it, opening the door to see a curled up girl, in a bloodied white dress. I walked over
"Hello? Are you ok?" I asked softly.
The girl looked at me, her eyes glowing in the darkness.
"I-i-im sorry! D-dont hurt m-m-me!" She stuttered fearfully, crying harder. I noticed her tears were... Blood. I ran over.
"Im not going to hurt you. Im death the kid, call me kid..." I introduced, helping her stand.
"I-i don't remember my name.... W-where's meta?" She asked.
"Who is meta?" I replied.
"M-my big sister! Is she ok?!" She asked frantically.
"I-i don't know..." I said softly, helping her inside to my father.
My eyes widened as i exited my flashbacks. I looked to scarlet, her beautiful and soft features still the same as before.
"... I remember...." I said softly.
Stein nodded as he turned on her favorite song, 'call me when your sober' by Evenessence. The melody flowed through me like knifes, playing in my ears like a haunting tune of a siren...