Chapter eighteen Insanity is pure joy

--kid's pov--
I started killing every human in sight, blaming them for scarlet, blaming them for what they did to her. After i was finished i pretended to cry, makeup covering the lines over my lips.
"Liz... Patti... Can i hold you in weapon form for comfort?" I asked.
They nodded and transformed, i gripped them tightly. I raised liz to my temple and grinned, tears flowing down my cheeks. Everyone watched in horror as i pulled the trigger, and my eyes snapped open. Sweat ran down my face in beads and i panted heavily. I looked around, remembering that i was chained to the chair by scarlet's side. I grinned, starting to laugh slightly, crying myself back to sleep.
Once i awoke in the morning the lines thinned and i just watched scar, completely silent, staying still like a statue. Tears fell and i sighed, watching her chest rise and fall. I passed back out, insanity flooding my dreams and attacking the only way i could see her moving.
The only way i could see her smile.
The only way i could hold her close...

--scarlet's pov--
My eyes opened and i coughed hard, ripping the breathing tubes from my nose and throat, gasping for air. My dad ran in and his eyes widened.
"Your awake!!!" He shouted, hugging me.
"Yeah..." I squeaked, looking to my left to see kid chained to a chair, one of the three lines of sanzu connected and five lines over his lips, i tried to scream, but only a high pitched squeal came out of my torn apart throat. Kid jolted awake and looked around, tears escaping his eyes. He looked at me then away, before doing a double take. His eyes widened to full mast and the tears fell faster, the five lines dissapearing and the sanzu line disconecting.
"Let me go! Please stein!!!!" He screamed, a huge smile spread across his face.
Dad nodded and unchained him. Kid hugged me tightly, crying into my shoulder.
"I-im sorry.... So... So sorry..." He muttered and i smiled, hugging him back.
Dad had left the room but he walked back in, handing me a cup of crushed ice and a spoon. I nodded and took a spoonfull of it into my mouth, swallowing the ice to soothe my aches. Kid smiled and pressed his lips to mine gently and hungerly. I kissed him back and pulled away before he went crazy. He pressed his forehead to mine, tears still flowing but laughing so carelessly i felt like i wasnt in pain. I wiped his tears away and kissed his cheek before the others ran in, laughing, chattering and smiling.
It felt good to be able to see them all again.