- 14 -

JJ's POV:

Kie got really busy with working at the Wreck and with school and homework. It had been a few days since we've seen her. I texted her a few times and she didn't respond. That was very odd for her. I just assumed her parents took her phone from her.

Since she was busy at the Wreck, Pope was busy helping his pops, and John B was busy trying to figure out his father's treasure hunt, I decided to pick up a few shifts at the country club on Figure Eight.

I worked one shift and was exhausted and had to get up for school the next morning. Kie was so quiet in class today. She barely said a word at lunch to anyone.

"Kie, wanna surf or hang out after school?" I asked when she was alone at her locker

"I can't. I'm busy." She said closing the door and walking away from me

I let her go and after school, I waited by her car.

"What do you want, JJ?" She asked annoyed by my presence

"What's wrong?" I asked knowing something was up

"Nothing. I'm just really busy this week. I have to get home before my mom freaks out." She said getting in her car

"Can I at least get a ride home? John B and Pope already left."

"Fine." She said

She drove me home in silence. When she finally asked, "What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing, I'm probably gonna go to John B's. Unless you need me or want to do something."

"No, that's fine. Have fun.." She said pulling up to my house

"Thanks, Kie." I said and she just gave me a small smile

I went inside and I got asked to work tonight. I got ready for work and got on my bike and went to work.

Work was so boring. I hated being around all the kooks and they all hated me.

It was busy, but we were keeping up. I looked and I saw Kiara with her parents. She didn't see me and I went back to the kitchen. When I came back out, Kiara's parents were at a table with another couple and Kiara was sitting at a table with a boy.

He wasn't just any boy, he was a kook or whatever is richer than a kook. That's why Kie has been acting so weird. She was cheating on me. I watched her laugh and play with her hair. She looked like she was flirting with him. He reached out and grabbed her hand and she didn't pull away.

I could feel my blood boiling. My heart felt like it was going to explode. My face felt like it was on fire. I was so pissed and so hurt. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to call her out. Did I even want her to know that I saw?

I decided not to make myself known, unless she saw me first. Thankfully, she didn't. I watched them leave together and my heart broke into a million more pieces.

I clocked out at the end of my shift and I got on my bike and just drove. It got too hard for me to see and I realized that I was crying. Crying wasn't something I did often.

I went home and cracked a beer open. I just lost the only person in the whole world who I thought loved me. Turns out, I'm just unlovable.

I knew I never should have fallen for Kie. Life is so much more simple when there is no relationship.

My phone was buzzing and I looked and I saw Kie texted me five times.

I'm sorry for how I acted today at school. I've just got things going on at home and it's stressing me out.

That's not an excuse. I feel awful.

Sorry, now I'm just blowing up your phone rambling. But we need to talk.

Can you meet me tonight?

I need to see you

I read all her messages and I ignored them. She must have seen me working and feels guilty. She should feel awful because she is literally cheating on me.

I didn't respond to her messages. Instead, I drank another beer and texted a random girl to come over. I just couldn't bring myself to send the text. So I didn't. Instead, I grabbed another beer.

I had consumed four beers before I heard the door open. I walked out of my room and saw Kie standing there.

"Hey, we need to talk about school today.." Kie said

"No, we really don't have to do that. I get it." I said cold

"Are you drunk?" She asked making a dissapointed face at me

"Maybe a little.." I said taking another swig of the beer I was drinking

She grabbed the bottle and said, "You've had plenty. Time for bed."

She forced me to go to bed like a little kid. I took my clothes off so I was only in my boxers and I got into bed.

"Stay with me.." I said not wanting her to go back to that stupid kook

"I can't and besides you're drunk. Sleep it off and see you at school tomorrow." Kie said leaving my room

She left and I started crying. I never cried this much in my life and that's saying something considering my awful childhood.

The next day, Kie didn't show up to school. I wanted to text her and see what was going on but I couldn't do it.

Kie was at school the next day and we didn't talk. A whole week had passed and all we said was a simple 'hey' to each other. She hung out with John B once alone and that really pissed me off. She was avoiding me.

Kie skipped three days of school and John B and Pope were getting worried about her.

I left school early to go surf. I had so much going on that I needed to surf to take my mind off it. Best decision I've made all week.

I got home late and I showered and went to bed. I was laying in bed when my bedroom door opened and I sat up. Shit.