- 30 -

JJ's POV:

John B and Sarah were dead. My best friend was gone. We carved his name into a tree. I felt dead on the inside. Then school started and we got a pictue of them. I moved over to where Kie and Pope were sitting.

I looked at Kie and she looked back right into my eyes. We looked into each others eyes a little too long to be "just friends" especailly since she was macking Pope now.

When we found out it was actually him, I huged Kie. I've never been so happy in my life. John B was alive.

We had to clear his name so we were on a mission. I hated third wheeling Kie and Pope. I was alone with Kie and I wanted info on how it was going.

So I opened my mouth and asked how it was going with Pope and she just said that it was good. Come on, Kie. Tell me more. I made things really awkward by asking, "In the bedroom, is he, like kinda freaky, 'cause it's Pope, you know?"

"Why are you asking?" She asked uncomfortable

Come on, Kie. I just want to know if I'm better than he is this conversation was awkward but I kept it going because it was funny.

"I don't know, just kinda curious. I'm just spitballing here.." I said as the words just fell out of my mouth

"You don't need to spitball. We could sit in silence." Kie said looking out the window to avoid seeing me

"Ranking wise?" I asked using my hands

Kie was so annoyed with me so I pushed it and asked, "Is John B better?"

"WHAT?" Kie asked turning around and looking at me

Pope opend the door that was the end of that. He looked so confused.

That night we followed him and we lost him and had to run as the road was closed. I opened Kie's door for her and we ran.

We watched Ward shot the pilot and then he lost the gun and fucking Kie opened her mouth and screamed,"MURDERER"

It was dark out and I moved my hand to her mouth and my fingers went inside her mouth as I tried to cover it. We ducked down and ran as he saw us. We broke the video camera and of course, Kie blames me. Everything is always my fault.

Especially now that she's with her perfect precious Pope. She's never taken my side on anything.

The next day, we went back to try and retrieve the gun. We sent Kie in the sewer to get it. She freaked when she saw something dead and I started to worry about her being in there.

Kie screamed, the water was rising. Kie was going to drown. Water started rushing out and Pope and I were holding on and I pushed him off to land to go save her. We sprinted to the manhole cover.

We couldn't get it open. Kie was drowning. I pulled with every muscle in my body and it wouldn't budge. I was not going to let her die. We were out of options, I pulled as hard as I could and I got super strength and we got it off. Kie laid there coughing and I felt my body relax.

Pope reached over to hug her and she pushed him away. She laid there, coughing again.

"Kie, you good?" I questioned her

"Never better.." She said slowly getting up and showing she got the gun

She hugged me and Pope joined too. I was just so happy that Kie was okay.

Our next issue was Limbrey. We were going to Charleston. I sat with Pope in his pops truck and Kie was talking to her parents. I could hear them arguing. Her mom was screaming at her. They threatened her with boarding shchool.