- 56 -

Kie's POV:

JJ was down on one knee holding a ring out. The ring was beautiful, it was perfect. Holy shit. JJ was proposing to me. I felt like seconds had passed but it was probably longer than that and I was crying and wow. He looked nervous and I smiled and said, "Hell yes, I love you.."

He stood up and hugged me so tight. He spun me around and then he put the ring on my finger and kissed me. Our kiss broke and I was crying happy tears. I asked him about the ring and he told me the story about his dad giving it to him. He said if I wanted a new ring, he would get it, I told him it was perfect because this ring deserved a happy ending. 

This was the best night of my life. We got on a huge ship the next day to go to Europe. We spent a month on the cruise and we had engagement pictures taken. We were coming home and John B and Sarah were having a welcome home party for us. 

We got off the cruise ship and went to my parent's house. We walked in the door smiling and my mom came and hugged me and then JJ. My dad was walking in the room and I the look he exchanged with my dad. My dad hugged JJ and then me and then I held out my hand.

My parents were so excited and my dad said, "It's about damn time. I'm so happy for both of you."

"You knew?" I asked my dad

"We both did, JJ came here a long time ago to get our blessing." My dad said

I looked at JJ, crying and that made me love him even more because I know how terrifying that must have been for him. After spending an hour explaining the trip and the proposal to my mom, we were heading to the Chateau. 

We got there and they were all out by the fire. JJ and I walked over together and I kept my hand hidden in the pocket of my sweatshirt.

"So how was the trip?" Sarah asked to smirk

JJ rolled his eyes and made some comments under his breath. I shut my eyes and pretended to fake cry and said, "We broke up. For good..."

"WHAT?" Pope asked shocked 

"I thought this trip was supposed to bring you guys closer together. It was your dream to do it together. So now what's going to happen?" John B asked

"What did you fucking do?" Sarah asked getting mad at JJ

JJ looked at Sarah and said, "We got into a really long and deep conversation and it ended with us not dating anymore."

My fake crying was more of laughing disguised as crying. Everyone was pissed at JJ and it was hilarious. He raised his voice and said, "Everyone just shut up, okay? You're all going to have to get over the fact that Kie isn't my girlfriend anymore and she won't ever be my girlfriend again... because she's going to be my wife, we're engaged."

Everyone started smiling and laughing. I held up my hand with the finger and JJ kissed me. We planned that on the way over here just to have some fun. Sarah came over and hugged me and told me she was about to murder him. 

We all hung out, just like old times around the fire updating each other on life. JJ and I talked about our wedding plans and how it was going to be super low-key. We didn't plan anything special, we just asked them all to be in our wedding. Sarah as my maid of honor, Cleo as a bridesmaid. John B was the best man and Pope was a groomsman. It was going to be perfect. 

JJ and I went back to his house and he looked at me and asked, "Kie, are you sure that you're okay with living here?"

"Yeah, this house deserves a loving family. We'll clean it, fix it up, and make it our own."

We decided that we were going to get married in a month. It would be in September before everyone went back to school. We were going to get married on the beach. I asked JJ if he wanted to invite his mom and family and he said yes. So we made a call the next day and she was delighted to be invited. 

Wedding plans moved fast and it was literally just family coming. Sarah and Cleo went with me to try on dresses and within two hours, we found the perfect wedding dress for me and bridesmaid dresses for them. The boys had their suit fitting a few days ago. We finalized flowers and my parents rented the country club for the reception. Things were all falling into place perfectly.

JJ and I were totally being judged for our shotgun wedding and I got asked a million times if I was pregnant. No, I just wanted to be married to the love of my life and I didn't want to wait any longer. I was so excited to finally be JJ's wife. 

The wedding was in two days and I couldn't wait to marry my best friend. JJ's mom and family had flown in and we introduced them briefly to the pogues and Jessica loved them. They were all so happy to meet JJ's mom. Everything was going exactly according to the plan until shit the fan. 

Luke came home and got in a huge fight with JJ and then Luke saw Jessica and her family and they say both Maybank men covered in bruises. Jessica was frozen as she realized the two got into a nasty fight. At that exact moment, Adam showed up and confessed his love to me in front of everyone.

"Kiara, I love you and I have since that night you came to my house and kissed me. You can't marry him because I love you and we have a good relationship. I could give you the world" He said

I looked at JJ and I could see his heartbreaking. His mom found out about the abuse, his dad came home, the guy that JJ hated confessed his love to me, and on top of it all, we were notified that the country club had canceled our reservation due to maintenance issues. I was crying and so was JJ. 

"Maybe this is a sign that all this is just a big fucking mistake!" JJ yelled at me as he took off on his dirt bike

I was left with Luke, Jessica, and Adam all looking at me.

"Jessica, go back inside and we will talk later," I said as she went inside where her family was

"Luke, your son is the happiest he's been since you left and you left on good terms. He's an adult, you have no fucking right to come back here and abuse him like you did when he was a kid."

Luke stormed off and I was there with Adam, "I love JJ and he's the one that I'm going to marry. I would rather spend five awful minutes with JJ than have a perfect life with you."

I walked away and I went inside to see Jessica crying.  I took her outside and I said, "I've wanted to tell you since I met you, JJ was the one who wanted to protect you. He hates seeing people hurting because he knows how it feels. You left your son with a fucking drug addict, alcoholic, who enjoyed beating the crap out of his son. Luke blamed JJ for you leaving and JJ was just a little boy. I'm so pissed right now that I need to walk away before I say something that I regret. Stay here and do not go talk to Luke unless you want to end up dead. I need to go find JJ."

I left the house in a hurry and I had started searching the whole island and I couldn't find him. It was dark out and I just hoped he was safe. What a shitty day. 

A.N.

Sorry, it's been forever! I was busy with my other stories (see below) and I re-read this book and fixed some spelling/grammar errors. Hope you are enjoying and as always please leave any comments.suggestions :)

1. Jiara Oneshots

2. Five years later - Jiara