- 46 -

JJ's POV:

Her parents opened the door and I freaked out and said, "Sorry, I just remembered Kiara said to meet at John B's and not here."

I said goodbye and got back on my bike and headed back to the cut. I stopped and pulled over and pulled the necklace out from under my shirt. I was still wearing the engagement ring my father had given me. I wanted to ask Kie's parents for permission but they would never say yes. I had to really work on getting to know them and gaining their respect. I wanted to marry, Kie, but I wanted to do it right.

I went back to John B's and Sarah and Kie were gone. Pope was there and he looked at me and said, "JJ..."

"I don't wanna hear it right now, Pope. Where did Sarah and Kie go?"

"They went to find you. I think they were going to your house."

I left and headed home and walked in and Kie was sitting with Sarah on the couch.

"Hey, where the hell did you go?" Sarah asked

"Just drove around a bit to think."

"Well, I'm going to go home. Call me tomorrow, Kie."

Sarah left and Kie came over to me and hugged me. 

"So where did you really go?" She asked

"I just drove around on my bike and then went back to John B's."

"I hate you driving that bike. I don't want you to get hurt."

Kie was always so protective and worried about me. I promised her I would start driving my dad's truck he left. 

A few weeks had passed and we never talked about what Pope said and we just kinda tolerated Pope. I will admit, he has been really nice to Cleo and she seems happy. The girls all hang out and talk about the boys because Kie will drop little comments about Cleo and Sarah and their relationships. 

We've been doing dinner with her parents every Sunday which turns into a game night or a movie night. I have also been helping out at the family restaurant, the Wreck when needed. 

School ended and we spent all summer hanging out together. John B and Sarah were spending a few weeks in the Bahamas as Sarah needed to get into her house as they tracked the gold to a private island near South America. 

Summer went by so fast, it was spent by us tracking down the gold, working, and the usual running from murderers and others after the gold.

Senior year had started and Pope got his scholarship and was going to college. Sarah and Kie were also touring schools. Cleo was moving to live with Pope in Boston and getting a job fishing or something on a boat. John B was going to be a police officer and work his way up to a detective. Everyone had a plan except for me. 

Kiara and Sarah were gone for the weekend on a college tour. I was going to hang out with John B.

"So what's the plan for you?"

"I'll be here on the cut or on a little solo trip.." I said referring to the surf trip

"JJ, you've been my best friend since we were kids. You gotta put yourself first. I know you love Kie, but do what's best for you." John B said 

"I know, but I also have to do what's best for Kie. I love her and I can't live without her. I need you to keep this between us, Sarah can't find out but I have a ring."

"A ring?" He asked

"Like a fucking engagement ring." I said 

"No way!!! Dude, what the hell? Holy, that's crazy!!" He said hyping me up

We talked about it for a long time and I told him I had no intention of proposing anytime soon. We were on our Thanksgiving break and Kiara invited me over for her big family get-together.

Kie came over and helped me get dressed. She was wearing leggings and a nice sweater. She grabbed a pair of nice jeans and a long sleeve shirt for me. 

"Kie, I'm scared.. How kooky do I have to act?" I asked as we were walking out the door

Kie stopped and looked at me and said, "You better not act like a kook. If I wanted to date a kook, I'd date Ben or Rafe or Topper. Just be yourself because that's the boy I fell in love with and I don't care what my family thinks. My mom married a pogue and they love my dad, so they can't say shit."

Kie kissed me and she made me feel much better. I drove to her house and when we walked in, everyone was there. It was her moms side, the kook side.

Kie introduced me to her cousins and they seemed cool. We went to her two aunts and they were so looking at me. Kie was holding my hand and she said her head on my shoulder and we walked away.

It came time to eat and we were all sitting at the table. We had all made casual conversation through the meal. I put my hand on Kie's thigh and she smiled at me. We were now eating pie and that's when things got intresting.

"So, Kiara, where are you going to college?" One of her super kooky aunts asked

"I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet." She answered

"Don't let that pogue boyfriend of yours hold you back. You have a huge potential and such a bright future. It would be a shame to see you screw it up because you're hanging out on the cut with a pogue." She said drinking the rest of the wine in her class

Kie stood up and said, "He isn't some guy from the cut. He's my boyfriend and I love him. I make my own decisions so whatever I decide will be what's best for me."

"Like mother, like daughter. Anna, I thought you would learn from your mistakes with your pogue drama."

"Sarah, get the hell out of my house. You aren't going to disrespect my daughter and her boyfriend, JJ." Anna said kicking her sister out of the house

"Ughh, fine.." She said getting up and leaving

After she left, Anna said, "JJ, I apologize for my sister."

"It's alright.." I said not knowing what else to say

"We love Sarah, but she's single for a reason. She had a crush on a pogue and never found anyone else to love but she refused to date a pogue." Amy, their other sister said

The rest of the evening was really good. We played a big game and hung out and then Kie grabbed me and snuck me up to her bedroom and kissed me.

"What are we doing?" I asked

"No one is going to realize we're missing.." She said taking my shirt off

A.N. - so I'm trying to wrap this story up but feel like no one is reading it anymore. Is it worth continuing?