- 21 -

JJ's POV:

She was meeting me at my house and when I walked in, I said, "Kie, I never meant for things to happen like that."

She ignored my comment and said, "I love you and I would never cheat on you. Adam was my friend in  kooksville, as we used to call it. He randomly came in and we caught up. Yes, we went surfing together but the whole time I was with him, I was thinking about you. When he dropped me off, he said how lucky you were to have me, so yeah maybe he was flirting but I told him that I was the lucky one."

Kie was crying and I felt like a complete ass.

"I have no excuse for Kylie. She's a slut and I knew it would make you jealous, just like how I was jealous. I never meant to take it this far.." I said choking back tears and holding back some of the information

"I know, but somehow here we are..." She said crying

I wiped her tears as I hated seeing her in pain.

"I want to give you something... This was my mom's, it's the one piece of her that I have left."

I handed Kie the necklace. It wasn't much at all, but I wanted her to have this.

"My dad gave my mom this necklace when she was pregnant with me and she left it for me. I know you aren't pregnant, but you could've been and you're the only one who knows about my mom and my real name. So please, keep it."

She looked at me and cried more and said, "Thank you, JJ. It's an honor to wear this."

She put it on and I said, "I don't deserve you. You kept my secret even when you had every right to tell them.."

"If it was just Pope and John B, I might have told them. But never Kylie. Your secret is safe with me no matter what, Jackson James or should I said jackass jerk?"

He laughed and I kissed her like it was a habit. She eventually pulled away and said, "I've gotta get home.."

"Stay with me.." I said not wanting her to leave

"I want to, J. I really fucking want to and leaving is the hardest thing but I can't. Not yet." She said in pain

I walked her back out to her car and I leaned in to kiss her and she pulled away. I looked down and said, "I never meant to hurt you, Kie. I just fuck everything up. I'm sorry."

"I just need time." She said hugging me

"Drive safe." I said shutting her car door

She left and I watched her drive away. I went back inside and I wondered how my dad was doing right now. For his sake, I hoped he was doing well. He has been gone for almost two months.

I went inside and I went to bed. I tossed and turned all night thinking about Kie.

Kiara's POV:

I left JJ's even though I wanted to stay. It was a bad idea. I went back home and laid in bed. I couldn't stop thinking about him. Or Kylie.

I cried myself to sleep and I woke up early and got ready for school. I drove myself and JJ didn't show up. He probably didn't get up in time. Or his dad came home.

After school, I went and helped Pope with a grocery run for his dad.

Pope talked about his future and how he needed to get this scholarship. He was so focused on school and my mind was on JJ. He was the only thing I could think about lately.

"Kiara, you okay?" Pope questioned

"Yeah, just tired. I've been having a hard time sleeping lately."

"Why?"

"It's stupid.." I said not wanting to tell him what was going on

"You're worried about JJ.." He said

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Because I am too.. He just seems reckless and I'm scared he might do something and get in trouble."

"Me too.. I can't believe what he did with Kylie."

"JJ is known for random hookups, but that I've never seen." Pope admitted

"I just feel bad for him.. And for John B." I said choking up

Pope hugged me and comforted me and he said, "So do I.. That's something we have in common is we have two parents. Even if we have our problems with them, we at least have them. I know I can talk to you about it and not feel guilty."

"Talk to me about it anytime." I said smiling at Pope

We got back from the grocery run and I went over to Pope's house to hang out. I met his mom and she was the sweetest lady ever.

She sat and talked with us for a bit and it was so refreshing to just have a nice conversation that didn't involve fighting or stupid drama.

Pope and I went to the Wreck for dinner and my dad liked Pope. Of course, he did, he was smart, had plans for his future

I took Pope home and I dropped him off. I spent the rest of the week avoiding JJ. Until it was Friday night. We were all hanging at John B's. It was a normal night and we were all sitting around the fire.

"I think we should play truth or dare.." John B said laughing at JJ

"Shut up.." JJ said

I was in the hammock and they all moved over and took their normal spots. JJ usually shared a hammock with me.

"Pope, truth or dare?" John B question

Pope thought about it for a second before he replied with, "Truth.."

"What are you going to do if you don't get your scholarship?"

"Work for my dad and eventually take over the business." He said

"Kiara, truth or dare?" Pope asked

"Truth.." I said quietly

"What is JJ's name? I know you know it.." He said looking deep into my soul

"I told you, I have no idea what the fucking J's stand for. Maybe it's John? Maybe it's Jack? Maybe it's Justin? or Jim.. If I knew, I would tell you guys. But he's known you both longer so you have a better chance of knowing."

"JJ, truth or dare?" I asked pissed

"Dare.." He said

"I dare you to tell me the truth. Why were you hanging out with Kylie?"

"Dayummm.." John B said suddenly interested

"Because I fuck up and make dumb mistakes.." He said

"John B, truth or dare?" JJ asked quickly changing the subject

"Dare.." He said

"I dare you to eat the burnt marshmallow off the ground from earlier.." JJ said

John B went and picked it up and ate it.

"Kiara, truth or dare?"

"Dare.." I said wanting to spice it up

"I dare you to answer this question. kiss, marry, kill.. Us three.. Go.." John B said and the two other boys leaned in wanting to hear my answer

I laughed and said, "Kill, Pope..."

"Love you too.." He said cutting me off

"Kill John B and JJ. Guys, you are all my best friends and I never want a relationship to ruin the friendship. So I could never do anything with any of you. It would destroy what we all have. So no pogue on pogue macking.."

"Cheers to that!" Pope said

"Hell yeah, no pogue on pogue macking!" John B said

JJ looked at me and I was fighting back tears as I just ended things with JJ.

"Fucking cheers.." He said slamming his beer

A.N.

I know... Just trust me!