- 26 -

Kiara's POV:

There stood JJ, throwing rocks at my window. He looked rough. I opened the window and said to meet me at the front door. I snuck him up to my bedroom and his face was bloody, his hand was bruised and swollen. His eyes were red and puffy. He looked dehydrated and just simply broken.

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be here. I just didn't know where else to go.." JJ said crying

I pulled him into my arms and I whispered, "Shh, it's okay. You're safe here.."

He held onto me tighter, but he was so gentle. I held him as he was crying quietly.

I broke the hug and said, "Wait here, I'm going to get stuff to help clean you up. Can I get your clothes and I will wash them?"

He had his backpack which he kept an extra pair of clothes in. He took off his clothes and I left the room and grabbed the first aid supplies, ice, and water. His clothes were dirty, literally covered in dirt and blood.

I told JJ to take a shower and he came out of my bathroom in a pair of boxers and I saw his body and I started crying. He had fresh black and blue bruises all over his chest and abdomen.

I hugged him and he said, "Don't cry, Kie. I'm okay. It's nothing new it just hasn't happened for a while.."

We sat on my bed and I iced his hand and cleaned the cuts on his face.

He grabbed my right hand and asked, "What the hell did you do?"

"I might have punched your dad.." I said feeling guilty

"What?" JJ asked jumping and freaking out

I told him what happened and JJ said, "I am going to kill him for putting his hands on you."

"He didn't hurt me. I'm okay... I promise.." I said calming JJ down

He kissed my knuckles and said, "Thank god, Kie.. Please don't ever go there again."

"I was only there looking for you. If I would've known he was home, I wouldn't have gone in."

He sipped the bottle of water and then I ran to move his clothes to the dryer.

"So what happened?" I asked breaking the silence

"I was in bed and I got up to go to school and he was sitting on the end of my bed. Before I even had the chance to react. He was on top of me throwing punches."

JJ continued telling me everything.  The things that Luke told him, were horrible. We were talking and then we were interrupted by the timer on my phone telling me his clothes were done. I ran down to retrieve them and I brought him up a plate of our leftover dinner.

He ate and said, "Thank you, Kie.. For everything. I should head out before your parents catch me here."

"No, please stay.." I said trying not to cry

"I don't want you to get in trouble and you've already done so much to help me."

I hugged him and I said, "I don't care.. I need you to stay with me.."

"Kie, I'm not going home. I'll go to John B's.."

"J, please..." I said worried

He gave in and I went to shut my light off and we laid down in my bed. We kept our distance and I felt safer knowing that he was safe. I got out of bed and locked my bedroom door and JJ laughed and joked, "Oh, so that's why you wanted me to stay."

"Shut up, I don't want my parents opening the door and seeing us in bed together" I said laying back down

Again, we were far apart and I rolled over to face him and I said, "You better not get up early and leave without waking me up."

"Bossy.." He said back to me

"Please... I want to go to John B's with you."

"I promise..." He said

I rolled back over and after a few minutes I said, "I went to the island thinking you'd be there and it's all flooded.."

"I know.. I went there too but I came back and my dad was waiting there. So I went off on my own for a day on the island as I had nowhere to go."

"But you came here.." I whispered

"You are the closest thing to the island I have. You make me feel safe and loved." JJ whispered

I rolled over and moved closer to him. He held me in his arms and he kissed my head.

"Thank you for coming over. I promise to always be here for you."

"Thank you, Kie. Can you also not tell John B and Pope about all this?"

"Of course, it's our secrect. They do need to know that your dad is home."

"I know, I'll tell them that.."

I fell asleep in JJ's arms and I haven't slept this good in so long.

JJ's POV:

I was laying in Kie's bed, with her in my arms. I felt so safe being here, especially being with her. We might have broken up, but that doesn't mean she isn't my soulmate. She was asleep and I watched her breathing so quietly and she just looked so peaceful and relaxed.

I had lightly been playing with her hair with my free hand. The other was under her head and wrapped around her back.

"I love you, Kie.. I always will.." I whispered so quietly

I fell asleep and I got up before Kie. I wanted to leave because last night was embarrassing. But I promised Kie I wouldn't leave, so I stayed. I fell back asleep until Kie started to move and wake up.

"Good morning.." She said looking at me

"Good morning.." I said

She moved off of me and said, "I know you've skipped two days of school already, but want to take one more off? We can go surfing and get food at the Wreck?"

"Hell yeah.." I said not wanting to show up to school looking like this and it was Friday so hopefully, my face would look better by Monday. I'm sure that's why Kie wanted to skip. She didn't want everyone to know about this or see me like this

Kiara's POV:

I was laying on JJ's chest and I was trying to sleep, I just couldn't. Especially not after I heard him say that he loves me and that he always will. I totallyp wasn't supposed to hear that. I kept my eyes shut and eventually fell asleep thinking about JJ.