- 52 -

Kiara's POV:

JJ just told me that he was seeing someone else. I backed away and looked at him and he laughed and said, "You, you idiot.. come here"

He pulled me closer to him and I said, "Not funny"

"We should get outta here"

"You don't want to see anyone else?"

"I need to talk to you before I talk to them"

"Okay.." I said as we got in his truck and left

He drove back to his house and we went inside. He grabbed his duffel bag and unlocked the front door. He walked in and he put his bag down and he hugged me and he said, "I lied to you..."

"About what?"

"Yes, I was gone for five months but I wasn't on a surf trip. I went on a trip but it was just me camping. I tried to go on a surf trip. I was in Florida and the waves were incredible and I had my board and I was about to go in but you weren't there and I couldn't. So I camped in a few different states, did some hiking, got a few odd jobs to pay for gas, and here I am. I was acting very immature for leaving when you picked college over the trip, of course, that's exactly what you should have done. In no way do I deserve you to forgive me."

I cut him off and said, "I'm still pissed at you but I love you and I was wrong to pick college over you. We made plans to go on a surf trip. I was the one who was scared. I didn't want to go on the surf trip and piss my parents off even more but I don't care anymore. I didn't register for the next semester and I moved back home. After Christmas, we're going on our surf trip."

JJ kissed me and he said, "Your parents are going to hate me more than I thought was possible"

"They'll be happy that I'm happy. They missed you at Thanksgiving this year"

"I never plan on missing another one" He said kissing me

This is when things got heated and he carried me to his bedroom. Damn, I've missed him so much. I fell asleep in his arms and woke up in his arms to him saying, "Good morning, my beautiful girl"

"Good morning, Jackson James" I said as he kissed me softly

We got up and there was no food here so I took him out for a nice breakfast. We also started planning our surf trip.

It was Christmas Eve and I walked into my house with JJ. My parents stood there, shocked to see him. My mom saw the smile on my face and she walked over to JJ and hugged him and said, "Merry Christmas, we've missed you"

"Merry Christmas, son" My dad said shaking JJ's hand

"Merry Christmas" JJ said and we went to my cousins and we hung out

Christmas passed and we were leaving on the surf trip. We told my parents I was taking the next semester off and they seemed okay with it. We were taking one of the Cameron's boats. We had a ton of food, clothes, and other supplies. We said goodbye to my parents and the pogues were saying goodbye to us at the dock now.

Sarah hugged me and said, "I'll miss you..."

"I'll miss you too." I said hugging her back

"Have fun and don't come home with any JJ babies" She joked

A few minutes later, JJ and I were off. We were really doing this.

"Where to Captain?" I asked as he was behind the wheel

JJ laughed and said, "Wherever the water takes us"

"I love you and thank you for letting me come with you"

"I never wanted to do this without you. I love you" He said kissing me

We ended up stopping in Florida and then we went down to Mexico and he said, "Kie, we're going to Yucatan. I want to go see my mom after all these years and I swear if my dad is here, I might kill him"

We were approaching the land and JJ tied the boat to the dock. We were at some fancy resort. This must have been the resort his mom owned.

He grabbed my hand and we walked to the front desk and JJ asked, "Is Jessica here?"

The young girl working the desk said, "She's in her office, I'll send her out after her call. Feel free to wait by the pool"

We were waiting by the pool and JJ was super anxious.

"Do you want to do this alone?"

"No, I can't do this without you." He said and I hugged him

A few minutes later, there stood a woman in her mid-30s. She had JJ when she was 17. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes that matched JJ's. She was wearing a black dress with gold jewelry. She was beautiful.

She froze when she saw us and said, "Oh my sweet boy, Jackson..."

She started to cry as she walked up to us and she stopped at JJ and she hugged him. He wrapped one arm around his mom and held my hand with the other.

"Hi, mom" He whispered

"Wow, look at you, so handsome and all grown up."

JJ looked at her and said, "This is my girlfriend, Kiara, and Kie, this is my mom, Jessica"

"It's nice to meet you" I smiled at her

"So lovely to meet you, wow, you must be Anna's daughter. You look just like her."

"You know my mom?" I asked

"Yeah, we were old friends. I stole Luke from her and well it's complicated. So what are you two doing here?"

"We're here to see you on our little surf trip" JJ answered

His mom gave us a free room for the week at the resort and it was one of the most expensive rooms. She had to get back to work but tonight we were meeting her for a nice dinner on the beach.

JJ and I spent the day in the ocean, surfing. The waves were incredible. We went back to our room and showered and got dressed. I was wearing a white beachy dress and JJ wore khaki shorts with a nicer button-down shirt. We walked down the beach and saw his mom at a table. We sat down across from her and she smiled.

"You two both look so nice. How was surfing earlier?" She asked smiling

JJ and I went on to tell her about our day. She was so sweet. Then Luke was brought up and I grabbed JJ's hand underneath the table.