- 58 -

Kiara's POV:

At first, I was pissed at my dad but then he said, "But I've never been so happy to be wrong. I never understood how you could love JJ, he has nothing to give you but I didn't have anything to give your mom either and she took a chance on me and she married me and I promised to love her and I do love her and I can see how JJ loves you. He loves you more than you love yourself. I couldn't have picked a better man for you to spend the rest of your life with. I love you, baby girl."

I was crying and I hugged my dad. He finally accepted JJ and that made me so happy. I wiped my tears and said, "I love you, dad."

We walked outside and my eyes immediately locked with JJ's. I couldn't believe the day was finally here. We got to the vows and we kept them traditional with our own twists on them. Then it was time for the kiss. JJ went in for the kiss and I made it a mini makeout. I could feel him smiling and that made me smile. We broke apart and then he kissed me one more time quickly.

"I love you, Kiara Anna Maybank. My beautiful, wife." He whispered

"I love you, Jackson James Maybank. My handsome husband." I whispered back so no one could hear and he just smirked at me

Everyone was clapping as we walked down the aisle. We had a very small party outside with our friends and family and it was perfect. John B and Pope made a 'just married' sign for the back of the HMS pogue. We left in the boat to go to our fancy kook hotel for the night, my parents paid for it. 

I was sitting on JJ's lap and he said, "I love you, my beautiful bride"

"I love you, my handsome groom," I said back and we both started laughing as we sounded disgustingly gross in love

We made it to the hotel where the room was fully stocked with drinks, snacks, rose petals, and candles. We enjoyed our wedding night and the next day, I got up early to make lots of phone calls before JJ woke up. 

We were living at my parent's house right now, which totally sucked and I knew it drove JJ crazy. We had been married for about eight months and I was gone all the time working. It was starting to annoy JJ. 

"Okay, Kie what the hell?" He asked one night in bed

"What?"

"You locked me out of your bank account? What are you hiding from me? You're gone all the time and now this. Are you cheating on me?" He asked 

I laughed and said, "No, nothing is going on"

He just went to sleep and didn't bring it up again. I could tell he still didn't trust me. I told him that I was going away for the weekend for business and he was livid. All the pogues knew where I was going and they were going to make sure JJ didn't follow me. I had been lying to him, telling him I was flying out of the country a few times. 

JJ was going to hang out with Pope for the day. The two have fixed their friendship and Pope finally got over the fact that I didn't love him. I was gone for two days and I came back and JJ and I got into another stupid fight about this.

"Seriously, all you do is leave me and keep secrets. I'm so fucking over this! I get our living situation sucks, but I'm trying to work to buy us a house."

"J, can we please go to the island?" I asked calmly and he agreed

I was packing a bag for each of us. My parents had bought us a fancy boat, just like Toppers as a wedding present. JJ was obsessed with it and he drove it for about twenty minutes on the island and he suddenly just stopped and killed the engine.

"Fuck, someone owned this island and built a sweet kook house on it....That's my fucking spot and now someone took it" He said clearly upset

"JJ, we own that island. That's our new house" I said

"What?" He asked in complete shock

"The trips out of the country, the bank account, the secrets, I was building our dream house. I love you and I sure as hell wasn't cheating on you."

He kissed and he was literally crying because he was so happy. We tied the boat to the dock and we walked to the house and I gave him a house tour. It was pretty empty right now and JJ was so excited. I was showing him all the rooms, saying things like, "this one is the guest room"

I showed him the master bedroom with the balcony and then I went into the room next to ours.

"I was thinking we could make this room into a nursery for our baby," I said looking at him smiling

"You're pregnant?" He asked 

"Yeah" I said smiling

JJ picked me up and he kissed me. 

"I'm overwhelmed, so many surprises today. I love this house, Kie and I love you and I can't wait to be a dad. I never thought I would say that, but I can't wait to see our kids grow up here"

We were making out in the empty bedroom. I had an air mattress here which is where we slept. Over the next few weeks, JJ and I went shopping and Sarah helped me do a ton of decorating. 

I was already five months pregnant with baby Maybank and everything was going perfectly. We decided we wanted to know the gender so Sarah was throwing us a gender reveal party. JJ and I were so anxious to know if we were having a little girl or a little boy.