- 22 -

JJ's POV:

Kie just broke up with me in a subtle way in front of everyone. I wanted to cry, scream, throw something, but I couldn't. I had to act cool in front of everyone. The game ended and the guys were going inside to go to bed. Kie got out of the hammock and I decided to stay.

I laid there and I was all alone under the stars. I was officially all alone. I had to hide my pain just like Kie had to hide her pain when I brought Kylie over. I'm such an idiot.

About two hours later, Kie walked over to me.

"We need to talk.." She said

"No, we don't. You made it pretty clear what you wanted."

"Do you think that was easy? Do you think that's how I wanted us to end?" She asked crying

"Leave me alone.." I said rolling away from her

"Just because we aren't together doesn't mean I don't care about you. Please don't shut me out." She said putting her hand on my back and then walking away

I stayed up all night thinking about Kiara. She's seen my life in a way that I've never let anyone else see. I let her in and she knows all my deepest and dark secrets. She still didn't reveal my middle name so I guess that means she's going to keep my secrets. I feel so guilty but I deserved it.

Kiara's POV:

I walked away from JJ, even though I wanted to lay next to him and hold him all night. I went back to the spare bedroom and I was fighting back tears. I tried not to cry. I woke up early the next day after a restless night.

Things were weird between me and JJ, of course, they were. I broke up with him. We just kinda ignored each other. He still would drop flirty comments to me all the time and the other guys would laugh. I don't think that was ever going to change.

After a few days, I honestly didn't miss JJ. I was still friends with him and saw him every day. When I really missed him was at night. I missed sleeping next to him. I missed waking up next to him. I hated being alone, without him.

It was a Saturday and Pope was busy with his father. John B had some meetings on the mainland in order to not go into foster care.

There was a knock on my door and it was JJ.

"Hey.." I said shocked to see him here

"Hey, wanna go surf?" He asked

"Are you sure?"

"Kie, you're still my best friend. It doesn't have to be awkward." He said reassuring me

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute. Don't let my parents see you."

She came outside a few minutes later ready to go. We went to the beach and we surfed together, just like we used to. I had a blast. It was a beautiful day and the waves were incredible.

"I'm starving.." I said as my stomach growled and I added, "Do you wanna go to the wreck?"

"Hell yeah.." JJ said accepting the offer

We dropped our boards off and then we went to my parent's restaurant and ate in our booth.

"Thank you for coming over today. I had a lot of fun."

"So did I." He smiled back at me

We were making casual conversation and he asked, "So as your friend, are there any cute boys you like?"

I almost choked on my water and asked, "Why would I tell you?"

"Because there is a girl I've got my eyes on.."

"Good for you.." I said laughing

"You."

"Shut up.." I said playfully hitting him

Pope came in and sat down next to us and we spent another hour hanging out.