Chapter Two: Back home, baby.

"Mommy, can we get this doll?"
"We could baby only if your father didn't decide to bring charity cases home"
Aurora swallowed the lump in her throat as she cleaned the dishes.
"I HATE YOU!" The five-year-old at the table screamed at Aurora making the eleven-year-old flinch. "I CAN'T GET MY DOLL BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU STUPID BITCH!"
Aurora's eyes widened both at the words and her glass plate filled with food that was thrown at Aurora's face, she stepped back quickly causing the plate to shatter over her feet, a small scream of pain escaped her lips, the five-year-old in her own upset way had run off and her mother said nothing.

Third Person's POV:

Alina rang the doorbell to Richardson house, Aurora swallowed, they hadn't exchanged a single word after she introduced herself. Alina had been talking to someone on her phone in another language but Alina had noticed so much in those minutes.

No one opened the door for a minute, Aurora cleared her throat, her quiet voice reaching Alina's ears.

"She probably expects me to open it"

"You have been missing for over 48 hours." Alina raised her eyebrow at the sentence, Aurora's eyes widened. "Knocked out all the while according to Nico, now, the drug is effecting your brain, that's why you are calmer than you should be, but I'm sure it is working enough to know what you should keep your mouth shut about, hmm?"

Aurora swallowed as the door finally opened to reveal her Aunt.

"Melanie" Melanie's eyes snapped open, wide as she took in Alina. "It's been a while, hasn't it"

Aurora looked between her Aunt and Alina.

"Ali-Alina?"

"Nice to know you still remember my name," Alina's eyes never left Melanie's as she spoke. "But what I would like to know is why my sister has been missing for 2 days yet no police station, any gangs in this area, or even the men I told you to inform as soon as she gets a scratch, know about it. No report. No idea."

"I"-

"Was I not clear enough when I said she is to be cared for properly or did you not take me seriously, I hope for your sake, it's the latter because I despise not being obeyed"

Aurora couldn't put two and two together with the state her mind was in, and therefore just chose to stare at the ground, shifting from one foot to the other, wincing slightly when it hurt because of some injury that must have taken place during the hours she was out.

"Now I can not legally take her with me right at this moment. Papers need to be signed." Alina's voice sent a chill down the woman's spine. "I suspect there would be no case this time because if there is, my men have gathered enough proof of neglect, that would not only get me her custody but put you behind bars and your daughter...Peggy, was it? She'll be in the foster system, not the best upbringing."

"No, no case"

"Good" Alina nodded her head and looked at Aurora "Go pack up everything you want."

Melanie cleared her throat.

"I thought you...I thought you couldn't take her with you right now"

"Yes, legally but then killing people is not legal either now, is it?" Alina tilted her head ever so slightly, Melanie caught the threat behind her words. "However Vincent will be here with the papers in 15 minutes maximum, I want them signed without a fuss and you packed by then" Her attention switched to the girl "I have a meeting I need to get too"

Aurora's eyes went to her Aunt's, terrified of what was going on.

Melanie shifted aside.

"Go on" She muttered and Aurora practically raced to the small closet space that was her room, as soon as the door shut, Melanie looked at Alina. "Please come in"

"No, thank you" Alina looked at her Aunt's sister in law "I have things to take care of."

Alina walked over to her car but turned just before Melaine could close the door.

"Oh and Melaine?" Melaine's eyes met "I don't want you to utter a word to her"

"You'll ruin her."

"And you care?"

"Peter does." Melaine looked up "He says tragedy flows through your veins, all of yours."

"If he did, my sister would look like an eleven-year-old, not eight and her brain would be able to resist that drug. As for ruining her, she's the youngest Black, nothing will touch her not even the tragedy in our blood." Alina opened her door just as two men in black uniforms walked up to her, and she nodded. "Watch her."

As soon as the men walked into the house, Alina got in her car driving away.

~o~O~o~

Innocence and naiveness were two different things, and Aurora was naive, very naive but also innocent, as one can get. She would forgive the same person again and again and believe anyone without a question because why would anyone lie to her.

It wasn't a good trait but that was how she grew up, believing lies.

Believing that every time she was told that she was fat, or short, or looked like she needed plastic surgery, it was advice for her own good. That it was okay to be treated the way she was, that she deserved this.

She deserved this.

And it was nice of her Aunt to tell her she was gaining weight right? It was nice of her to give her advice to make Aurora the best version of herself right? It was nice of them to put a roof over her head and feed her, right? It was nice of them to pay for her school, right?

And every time she felt like crying she just shook her head, scolding herself for crying, scolding herself for being ungrateful, she shouldn't be ungrateful, after all, like her uncle always said blood is thicker than water.

Because that's just how she was.

She sniffled rubbing her hand over her irritated eye, her contact wasn't the best and being there for such a long period of time had caused her eye, to turn red and burn terribly.

Aurora's eyes watered, but it was acidic, it hurt, it hurt so bad. She hated it.

Finally, she took a deep breath and looked at the mirror, her eyes different shades of blue. Light and dark. Heterochromia was rare enough, having the same colour of eyes in different shades? it was almost scientifically impossible.

Her brown hair stuck to her scalp, blood dried on her skin, she shook her head, grabbing a towel, and fresh set of clothes, walking over to the bathroom after packing.

She just had a few books, a stuffed toy from god knows when, and two sets of clothes, a hoodie and jeans, which she was wearing today, and cotton shorts and a tank top, which she'd have to wear.

Slowly she washed herself off, just as her Aunt signed the papers on the behalf of her husband, Vincent's face lighting up as it happened.

"Ready to go?" The man asked as Aurora walked down, her wet hair loose, slightly cringing when droplets of it, dripped down her back.

She nodded.

"They haven't worn off yet" He sighed looking at the state she was in. "How bout you put on something warm? it's getting late"

"I don't have anything" She mumbled, Vincent raised an eyebrow at Melaine but didn't say anything, slipping his coat off, and wrapped it around her shoulders, hiding a smile as she almost drowned in it.

"It's done" Melaine gave the papers to Vince, her eyes lingering on Aurora, a sort of relief in them, as the man pulled her outside.

"Vincent?"

"Yes?" The man looked down at the girl as a car pulled.

"Where am I going?"

"Back home, Baby, home."

________________________________________________________________________

Ik you're probably confused, so is Aurora deep down, and it's mainly from her pov, so that's why you don't know a lot yet, it'll clear up within the next 2 chapters or so.

The siblings, mafia and aunt part.