Chapter Twenty-Eight: Nic taught me.

"Never let anyone catch you smoking," Maddie told Lance as they sat in her room.
"Why? What will they do? Ground me?" Lance laughed and looked at Maddie, shaking his head, "You're getting soft, Mads."
"Oh you wish, asshole," Maddie rolled her eyes, and shuddered when she thought of what had happened a few months ago when Harry of all people had found her smoking and had then, given her the consequence. "It's much worse."

Aurora's P.O.V:

I woke up a lot later than I would have expected, Vince wasn't there anymore. I had sat up in bed for a few minutes before brushing my teeth and heading down. No one was home. 

None of my siblings to be specific, there was however a woman dressed in a blue shirt, black skirt and blazer, with a file in her hand standing. 

"May I help you?" I asked, clearing my throat, the woman turned around in surprise and smiled at me, almost excitedly. 

"Nice to meet you, Miss Black," She extended her hand, "I am April Graham. Your sister"-

"Hey, April!" A woman entered with shopping bags in both her hands, she wore a cream-coloured crop top, cargo pants and for some reason a cap. I stared at her face, I had definitely seen her somewhere, "I'll take it from here." 

"Okay, Miss Perez." 

"Come on, Aurora," Miss Perez? Called out walking towards the breakfast bar. I blinked in confusion. Not only did all of them leave me, not update me on Austin's conditions, but they left me with two strangers in the house. 

"Uhm...I'm sorry, I don't know you." I looked at her as she opened the fridge, across the counter. 

"I will kill Alina," The woman said out loud. I blinked. She shook her head but stretched her hand from across the counter. "I am Leah Perez. Your sister's oldest friend, one of them." 

She had sparkling green eyes, dirty blonde hair, the pinkest lips, a perfect tan and body. Alina's friends ( I have only met her and Marcus) were the complete opposite of my darling sister. 

"Aurora Black," I shook her head and then closed my eyes, with a soft smile, dying inside. "But you already knew that."

She laughed, her laugh was a nice sound. 

"Come on, sit down, I'll cook you breakfast." 

"I can do it."

"Sit down," She told me with a smile, "Let me do it."

"Leah," Milo entered. I thought I was alone. 

"Millie."

"Don't call me that," He groaned, slumping down next to me. 

"How's the hangover?"

"How's the...dammit. I can't think. It hurts."

"Did you take Advil?"

"Did I breathe?" Milo answered, his head buried in his arms.

"Don't get an attitude with me, Millie." 

The grunt was a response. Leah rolled her eyes and then smiled at me. 

"Waffles or Pancakes?"

"Pancakes," Milo spoke, his voice still muffled.

"I didn't ask you," Leah told Milo with a roll of her eyes and looked at me. 

"Waffles," I told her with a grin. She smiled widely. 

"Waffles it is."

"Listen here you little pest," Milo looked up at me from his arms and then for whatever reason his voice got soft, "How are you holding up?"