Chapter Thirteen: Their Eldest.

Alina silently looked at Delilah, still a little wary of females after what had happened to her the past few years. Her brain was coming up with outcomes, situations and reactions, thoughts moving so fast she couldn't even register them. Her head spun. But she needed to be sure. She always needed to be sure with a person who didn't share the same blood as her. She always had. 

Third Person P.O.V:

Alina silently watched as one thing led to another. She didn't even move a muscle, there was no reaction at all. Everyone seemed too stunned to speak, no one moved until Nico and Aurora left, it was then that Caliope got up, her eyes raging and wet. 

"Why would you"-

"I don't know," Vincent clenched his jaw, his hand rubbing the bruised area. Nico was good, he knew that was not even a quarter of his strength and if the circumstances were not these, Vincent would be proud as hell. 

He looked at Caliope, almost reaching to touch her, to say sorry but he stopped himself and turned to face Alina. 

"Alina, I..."

"Drop her home, Vincent," Alina stood up, buttoning her suit jacket. "Clear your head."

Vince was almost as shocked as he was when Nico punched him. He expected Alina to address him by his middle name like she always had done. Unlike when she was mad at their other siblings and used both their first and middle names when she was angry with him, Alina had always called him only by his middle name, Fiero. 

It always had been a sign that Vince was in deep trouble. 

Maybe, he had fucked up to the point of no return. 

Looking down, he nodded, walking towards Caliope. 

"C'mon," He muttered. 

"I'll take a cab."

"No," Vincent shook his head and looked at Caliope with the rawest eyes, her throat dried up. "I'll drive you home...please."

Poppy's eyes looked over at the rest of the siblings, who were silent, none of them looking at them, their moods obvious and their faces a little softer than they had been before, this type of argument had to be rare. But then she looked back into Vincent's eyes and slowly nodded because yes, she was mad at him and yes, she wanted to slap him across the face but she still loved him.

"I'm sorry," She finally murmured to the rest of the siblings set on the table, "I didn't want this to happen."

Vince stayed silent, only putting his hand behind her back, she pulled it off, leaving with him behind her. Vince lingered at the doorway, turning to see Landon tell Dustin the food was really good, Justin nodding and Dustin scoffing.

The hole in his chest seemed to deepen even more, he didn't think that was possible, that he could feel worse, but he did.

Alina noticed Dustin turn away from the food on his plate, reaching for a glass of Alina's drink, she lightly swatted his hand away. 

"Get your coats, all of you," She finally told them, Vincent watched from the doorway, Poppy didn't mind waiting. 

"I just want to go to bed," Justin muttered, looking at Alina. 

"Where do you want to go eat?" Alina levelled with them. Justin bent his head, so his hair touched the chair, looking at the ceiling and then lowered his head back and looked at his plate.

"What about Nic and Aurora?"

"I'll get them something to eat," Alina patiently reassured even though she was not used the rest questioning her as they were doing today. After a few moments most of them got up, at least they'd get to spend the rest of the evening in with Alina. 

"I'll stay back," Austin's voice reached Alina as he got up, "Aurora had glass deep in her feet, two people being with her would be better."

Alina nodded, waiting for everyone to get up. Everyone meaning Dustin. But she didn't say anything to rush him. 

Vincent looked at Dustin for another long moment and then turned around, grabbing his own coat, Caliope followed, only exchanging a small smile with Milo and Austin on her way out. 

Vince's eyes stayed firmly planted in front of him, the events replaying over and over, focusing on every aspect except the one he should have. 

Their eldest.

____________________

I'm double updating, dw.

Also, happy 50th published part to everyone who reads, votes and comments.

I love you all, thank you for sticking with me and my unpredictably lengthy update schedule.

The next part should be up pretty soon, I have an inter-house (English Dramatics) today, wish me luck and tell me about your week. I'm curiously interested, in other words, just curious.

Thanks again.

Adios Amigos. <3