Chapter Eight: His teacher's only kid.

"Uncle Percy," Vince ran up to the man, pulling at his sleeve. Percy kneeled down, putting the call on hold. 
"Yes, little man?"
"What's a girlfriend? I asked Alina but she laughed and told me to ask one of the adults and you're an adult." 
"Hm," Percy picked the little boy up in his arms, "Then I think I'll have to explain. It's someone you like romantically and then you love them and then you can marry them if you wish."
"Girlfriend is a girl you want to marry?"
"Something like that." Percy nodded along. Vince looked thoughtful for a minute. 
"I think I have one"
"Then we'll have to him or her over for dinner."
"Her." Vince clarified. "Alina has one too"
"Does she?" Percy raised his eyebrow, Vince nodded solemnly and Percy rubbed Vince's back with a hum. "By the way, neither of you are allowed any until you're 40."

Aurora's P.O.V:

Uncle Lance's hold tightened on me one last time before he let go, rubbing my back. I would really miss him. And this place.

Alina promised we'd meet him soon though, that was the only thing that kept me from crying. 

Justin threw his arm over my shoulder as we climbed up the helicopter, Alina and Vince were still talking to Uncle Lance who upon noticing me staring at him, gave me a wink and smile. I smiled back and then settled against the seat, buckling in and wearing the headphones myself this time.

"Ready?" Austin asked but Nico didn't wait as the helicopter flew upwards and forward. I looked back at the island, my heart sinking a little at the thought of Uncle L being all alone again. 

"He'll be fine," Landon kicked my foot lightly, "Plus Alina said we'd meet him soon."

"I know, I'll just miss him."

Landon nodded, not having anything to counter it with because we both knew that no one could take his place, no one could even take a little of Alina's stress and Vince's work-alcoholism away for some time with a few sentences, because there wasn't anyone left. Anyone but Uncle L.

I think everyone had made peace with the fact, I should too.

~o~O~o~

"Aurora, baby, get up," I felt someone rubbing my arm, I opened my eyes to look at my oldest brother's eyes. The last thing I remember was Justin and Landon playing a video game. How long ago was that? I blinked again and stared at Vince's face. I lifted my head to see the walls of my bedroom and my bed, the duvet I loved was covering me. "You need to eat something."

I slowly sat up against the pillows behind me. 

"When did we reach?" I lifted my fist, rubbing at my eye. Vince gently grabbed the hand, pulling it away from my face, brushing strands of hair stuck to my face away. 

"Two hours ago," He informed me with a gentle smile, I closed my eyes that were still for some reason burning with sleepiness. Vince's fingers gently threaded through my hair, rubbing the top of my head in an attempt to get me to open my eyes. 

"What are you doing, Aurora?" He asked, now taking a seat on the bed, I opened one eye. 

"Sleeping."

Vince chuckled and shook his head. 

"Come down, eat something and I'll put you right back to bed."

"Not tempting enough."

"I have something to tell all of you."

"I don't wanna talk about when school starts." My eyes were closed again but I was sure Vince was amused. 

"No, I meant all of you, as in Alina and the twins as well."

"Nope," I snuggled further into the softness of my pillows, "Kiss my forehead and switch off the lights on your way out? Thanks."