Chapter Fifteen: Why did you say it then?

The older Black's hand rested on the doorknob to Maddie's room. It was the first time he had actually ever yelled at her, he had let his emotions get the better of him and even if he had a valid reason to do so, even if he knew Maddie wouldn't hold it against him for a second, he needed to make it right because he knew that he hurt his little sister and that didn't sit right with him, with any of them.

Aurora's P.O.V: 

It had been a few hours, I had watched five episodes, Nico was halfway through finishing his car and Austin had not come back. 

Nic didn't look worried or angry though so I assume Austin was in his room or the shower and hadn't popped in to say hi. 

I was now spread out on my bed with a cup of half-drunk caramel frappe in my hand. Nic had ordered us Starbucks after I said no to food. He didn't feel like eating either but no one can argue or win one with Alina so we ordered drinks and four types of croissants, after I told him I'd have something from Starbucks. He tried my drink too, hated it of course, but his expression made the roasting of my drink worth it. 

A yawn left my lips and I sipped my drink. 

Nic had rolled the sleeves of his loose black dress shirt up, and his hair were really messed up with the number of times he ran his fingers through his hair. It was amusing to me how focused he was on the task. 

I returned my eyes to the screen, rewinding it a little. 

A knock sounded at the door, I looked at Nico, pausing the show at where I had just rewinded it. 

"Come in," I called out, Nic's hand went to the gun laying on the table lost under the pieces of the car and their wrappers. 

My eldest brother opened the door, it was the first time I had seen him like that. Pale face, eyes tired, hair falling out of place, shirt buttons opened,  tie in his fist. He was holding a tray of food. 

Nico stood up, I didn't move. 

"I would like a minute with her," He told him politely, "And then with you."

"Fuck no, I'm not leaving her with yo"-

"Nico, watch it." Vince reminded him, I didn't say anything. 

"I said no."

"It would do good to remember I am still your older brother."

"Act like it then." He hissed at Vince, I buried myself deeper into my duvet, especially when Vince's eyes seemed to darken.

"Niccolò Colton Black," Vince's voice darkened and his suddenly stern gaze seemed to snap Nico out of his...whatever, overprotective, protection, Alina knows. "I am not asking you." 

Nico would have argued but he looked at Vince a little too long, with warning eyes directed at our oldest brother he started to walk out but Vince held his arm stopping him. 

"Grab a bowl."

"I'm not hungry."

"I'm not asking." At his words, Nico tried to pull his arm but Vince's grip was too tight and he pushed his other one forward. "All of you owe me a great deal of hell and I promise to take it but not tonight. Behave."

"I'm not a five-year-old," Nico all but sneered back. 

Vince's hand shifted from Nic's arm and held his jaw instead, squeezing lightly. Nico looked upwards, trying to escape Vince's gaze.

Nico was very stubborn but Vince was Vince. I knew that much. 

"Nic," I muttered finally, using the word both Dev and his sister seemed to use very often. "Take it, na, please."