Chapter Five: I missed you.

"You don't love me anymore," Nico spoke, his voice soft and sad. Alina blinked, unable to see him bundled in Vincent's jackets as he stared around the room to see if Alina was still here. With him. Her heart broke. No words came out for a few minutes.
"I do," She managed finally, "I always will."
"Don't lie to me, Li," Nico shed the layers of coats that were keeping him warm, dressed in plaid clothes, blue and white, silk, like hers. 
"I luf"-
A small sad chuckle.
"I love you."
"I see you around and I know that you don't," Nico shrugged, "I came to tell you, I do not care about it anymore. I don't."
"Nico, don't," Alina shook her head trying to focus her eyes on him, barely seeing his teary eyes and little body.
"Goodnight, Alina," He handed her the watch she got him. His most cherished gift. He gave it. 
Bruises on her body, cuts on her arms and blisters adorning her fingers and feet, Alina fell onto the bed and soon fell asleep.

Aurora's P.O.V:

Dustin came by, slowly, with a flushed face. Everyone else had been picked up, it was only Alina, a bunch of men around the table, Vincent and Ryder. I tucked my hands under my armpits and the tears did not appear.

Another win. 

His body was leaner than the last time, he had no trouble pulling my chair back in greeting, his blue eyes scanned my face. It crumbled. The confidence I built, the anger, for a second at the concern in his eyes, it melted. 

He walked over to Alina after a few seconds of silently looking at my face. I leaned in my chair as she nodded at him, he kissed her cheek and she exchanged a few words with him. He nodded, hardened face. 

"Congratulations," Ryder raised his almost empty champagne glass at me. I almost threw it in his face. That however would mean defeat. I stayed silent, then, and waited for Dustin to shake hands with everyone on the table, exchange polite greetings, assure them that he was doing well at college. 

Vince glanced in my direction as I passively watched Dustin, refusing to let my eyes focus on the others. I could feel his desperation to catch my gaze and I refused him. I could never refuse my second oldest brother, for his gentle words and sweet smiles, but today, he broke my heart. I was sure it was something he could sense. 

Dustin gazed at me, finally, and then walked over and offered me his hand. I grabbed it, lightly, swaying a little as I got up and let him lead me out. 

"I thought you knew better," He muttered quietly as the coat he wore was being fitted onto my shoulders. 

He buttoned the coat up, he put me into the passenger seat and buckled up my seatbelt, and he continued to express his disbelief and disappointment in my actions. I stared at him.

"This is not a joke," He finally stated with finality. His other words before had blurred together, the only thing I could focus on was his coat upon me, his concern, his voice and his very blue eyes. Dustin. He was here, "Don't respond, sure, do you even feel bad? Aurora, I thought Nico made everything black and white, do you know how angry he would be? Do you know how much I thought I might have lost you had Alina not been there to make sure you didn't drive home drunk? I already lost a brother, I will not"-

"Dustin," I whispered, voice heavy with emotion, "Did you..."

He said nothing else.

"Did you come for me?"

"I am aware that you are fucking drunk or whatever, but is that seriously a question?"

"If it wasn't Alina...would you have still come for me? If no one ordered you to come."

"Of course," He answered quietly after noticing my tears, "You know I would."

And then I shook my head. Tears. Sobs. Muffled cries. A screech of tires. A tug at the arm. Out of the car. A soft material against my tears. More sobs. More muffled cries. More tears. 

And a soft hum against my hair. Dustin held me. He held me as I cried. I had not been held in a very long time and it just made my heart hurt even harder. 

"Hey," He said softly into my skull, "What's wrong? I know you. I did not say anything that bad. What's wrong?"

I clenched his t-shirt between my fingers and shook my head. 

"Aurora, I want to help but I need you to help me to help you feel better."

I buried my head into his chest, his hand rubbed reassuring circles into my back and I knew my shoulders were shaking. And we stood there for a very long time and then, I turned my head.

"I got the badge."

"I knew you would," Dustin murmured to me and I sniffled, "Where did they take you for lunch?"

"Nowhere."

"Dinner?"

"They took Ryder, Dustin, they were celebrating."

He pulled me away slightly, as if that would change what he was hearing.

"That is not possible."

"Dustin?"

"Yes?"

"I missed you."

With that, he pulled me back to his chest. 

______________________________

Hello!

How is everyone doing?

I missed you. The Blacks, I am sure, missed you too. 

Thank you for all the comments and votes, they are why I came back apart from finally being able to sit down and write without any academic load on me.

I miss Nico. 

Anyway, thank you for being here with the Blacks and me.

Love, love, love, love.

Adios Amigos. <3