Chapter Fourteen: Little twerp.

"Austin Valentino Black," Nico gritted out, pulling the boy back by his collar. "I said no."
"You are not the boss of me."
"Clearly you have forgotten how this family works because I am."
"Clearly you have forgotten how this family works because you almost overdosed and no one fucking knows."

Aurora's P.O.V:

"Aurora," Nico scolded me as I wiggled my foot groaning, "Stop moving."

"It'll hurt. Don't do this," I told him trying to shift further back on Austin's white marble platform aka his large wash basin. First, when I had been seated here, I was too busy thinking about the situation and Austin dabbed my foot with antiseptic. All the overthinking vanished, suddenly the sting was more important.

"Aurora Layla"-

"You scolding me isn't helping," I told him, Austin nodded. Nico ran a frustrated hand through his hair and looked away. I think he didn't like seeing all the glass in my feet. 

"Sorry," I said softly, shifting forward. Nico jumped up on the marble top beside me. 

"Come here," He muttered, I didn't fight him as he lifted and placed me sideways on his lap, wrapping both his strong arms around me, I squirmed slightly when I felt Austin hold my foot. Nico pressed my head to his chest. 

"What's going through your head?" Nico asked, rubbing my hair. I preferred Vince running his fingers through them to be fair. My heart ached as soon as the thought crossed my mind. Austin pulled out a piece of glass, I tensed in Nico's hold.

"Talk to me," Nico squeezed me to himself, "Are you mad at him?"

I knew he was trying to distract me from the physical pain, but the question hurt more than those cuts. My eyes watered and for the thousandth time that night, I wondered why I was so weak. 

"Aurora," He shook me, I grasped his shirt, very tightly, "Little girl...talk to us."

Nico never made me talk. He never made me eat anything I didn't want to. I didn't like this.

"Are you going to make me eat broccoli now?" I muttered weakly into his black shirt. 

"What?" He asked incredulously, looking down at me. Austin picked up on it a few moments later and laughed. Nico kicked his shoulder asking what did I mean.

"You don't force her into things, like eating healthy or talking, it's usually stuff like obeying orders."

Nico rolled his eyes, I let out a watery giggle. 

"But," Austin continued, "He's right, Angel eyes, talk to us."

"It's fine," I told them, "He was just stressed."

"Jesus fu"-

"Alina." I corrected Nico immediately and out of habit. To my surprise, he complied immediately.

"Alina fucking Black," He muttered, amusement at my correction and the other emotion I couldn't put a finger on. "Are you honestly that forgiving? He was a complete dickhead today."

"Nico," Austin warned, "Don't."

"What? Don't speak the truth?"

"That's hypocritical." I nodded with Austin, I don't know why I still felt bad that Nico called Vince what he was. Nic was definitely a little too angry. Austin pulled another glass out, I buried my face into Nic's chest, shutting my eyes, biting my lip a little too hard. Nic just held me tighter, not letting me move in the slightest as Austin's tweezers attacked my wounded feet again and again. 

A tear or two escaped. 

"You know," Nico said, "Alina once dyed everyone's hair neon green."

"Hmm?" I sniffled looking up.